What's new

CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!

R.Danneskjold

Full Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
223
Reaction score
138
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beach hunt.....me.....my son and my wife..........

About $8 in change

2 925 silver rings

1 gold/white gold men's ring

........and a GOLD NUGGET!!!!!!!!!!

It slipped through the scoop about 20 times......and sunk so damn fast. Couldn't believe when I tested it! Best day ever!
 

Attachments

  • image-2360825694.webp
    image-2360825694.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 235
Upvote 0
You did very good, who found the gold , you, son or wife?
 
Great day with the family...congrats.
 
You did very good, who found the gold , you, son or wife?

I found all of it..minus some change...I was using the shark so was able to hit the salt......any one of us making a find is great.....today was my day I guess.
 
Last edited:
How in the world did you get a gold nugget on a beach? WTG just the same
 
Hahahah. I was thinking the same thing! How the hell did that just happen? Needless to say I will be heading back!
 
Tooth Filling , I found one once, Awesome Finds !
 
Tooth Filling , I found one once, Awesome Finds !

I can't imagine a filling that big. I have a few and they aren't even half that size. There is lots of history of gold in this area too
 
I can't really tell how big it is but it might be a gold tooth or crown from cremation remains. I believe dental gold is usually 18k. Nice finds!
 
my bad im in Fl , when I found mine other hunters chimed in on it being a filling
 
Better pic of the nugget.......
 

Attachments

  • image-2551204506.webp
    image-2551204506.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 187
my bad im in Fl , when I found mine other hunters chimed in on it being a filling

I'm sorry Capt. I must have responded just after you did. It might very well be a filling. I certainly wasn't trying to correct you.
 
my bad im in Fl , when I found mine other hunters chimed in on it being a filling

I really don't know what it's from.........it cleaned easily but certainly looks like a straight out of the ground type nugget. It was sure a surprise and I didn't think it was gold until tested. If its a filling its a damn big one. Lots of ship wrecks in this area as well.......I will hit it many more times and I guess if I find another it will really make thing interesting. Needless to say I feel very lucky! Happy to share with you all!
 
Could it be a crown from a cremation. What is the purity?
 
ok........im guessing your in Canada? I know that there are areas in Canada that are known for gold finds like yours.

chuck.
 
Very nice days hunt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom