What's new

Check this out...

Looks like I should have kept all of those zinc cents that I have been culling out of my copper! :wink:
 
It seems to me what they lose on pennies and nickels they make up on dimes and quarters.
 
Silver_Fox said:
It seems to me what they lose on pennies and nickels they make up on dimes and quarters.

.... and Half Dollars,
and Presidential Dollars,
and Proof Sets,
and First Spouse Gold Coins,
and Silver Eagles,
and Gold Eagles,
and the list keeps on going.


I doubt they are hurting and the fact is that they are self-funded, they don't need taxpayer dollars.
 
XX said:
.... and Half Dollars,
and Presidential Dollars,
and Proof Sets,
and First Spouse Gold Coins,
and Silver Eagles,
and Gold Eagles,
and the list keeps on going.
and every one of these they market to the general public who thinks they must buy several and put them away for future profits. That is where the mint makes it's money.

Some of those new coins are k-rap. made in hundreds of millions, they wont be worth more than face value in 75 years. just my 2 cent opinion :icon_pirat:
 
I can't see why they don't just limit the production or stop it for the time being surely there are enough nickles and penny's in circulation to supply.
Except I believe in the case of the penny they are planning a 100th anniversary series. so they only have 1 year left for them. And than they should just stop making them.....?

Next get rid of the dime and quarter and start a hole new coinage..... Say 5 cent, 20 cent, 50 cent and $1 coins and get rid of the $1 Bill..... I really can't see the dollar coin getting used untill the $1 bill goes away.

5 cent made of copper (size of a penny)
20 cent made of nickle (size of a nickle)
50 cent replaces the quarter. (size and makeup of current quarter.)
$1 coin remains the same......

Could be a size variation or composition on the above suggested coinage. so that machines can distinguish the difference between the coinages. Its pretty much all programable.


All coins coexist for next 10 to 20 years and phase out (remove and replace) old coinage, ( wich will be hoarded by collectors) or by 2026 the 250th anniversary of the USA.

All items priced to nearest nickle.

Mojo. "Problem solved" ;D
 
Interesting.....Thanks for the link Pepper.

BTW - Where have you been hiding?
 
Hey Lj, I have been lurking in the shadows but I have been going through some issues with my wife since the begining of the year which has been taking up a lot of my time. Thanks for asking...I will be around some more. I promise!
Pepperpump :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom