Check those change machines!!

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time we go to the grocery store where there is one of those machines that you dump the change in and it gives you a reciept to cash in, my son checks the return slot, almost always there is silver coins. For some reason it returns the silver and also the foriegn coins and tokens. Most people don't check the coin return or realize that there is anything in there. He has found many silver coins including a standing liberty quarter! RichM.

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so cool! I check those machine too. Never found any silver yet,just regular change. Also check the tray. I found a cz dimond earring,in there. I took a unsharpened pencil,put tape on the end and fished it out. Keep looking :thumbsup:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always check the one in my store,that's how I started my foreign coin collection. :laughing7:

Iheartmoney

Apr 4, 2010
I always check too!! Sometimes I even wait for the people to be done, and then I offer to buy their rejected coins.

My best find was a Mercury Dime.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always check the coinstar machines. Picked up a free silver rosie last Saturday in the one in the Kroger I went to. That makes 5 total I have found in the Kroger coinstars.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha..I thought i was the only Crazy to check those machines..my 5 year old even runs up to it on our way out of the store..only found a few Zincs..and some forgein coins...i did manage to find a 2 dollar australian coin thou :-X But now i know people are pluckign silvers from those things..im thinking of getting a part time job at walmart

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
wow! ive never gotten silver from them yet, only a few buck in loose change if even...i always find money around/in the ones in banks (not coinstar brand tho)
keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread