check your coins before you sell

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
ok, but where do you get the coins in the first place? I have a couple of silver coins from colombia, but i just know that they are silver. ohhh. anyway, I tried sending emails to banks in colombia, and other countries a while back. I concentrated on the poorer countries. It was hard work, that's why I'm professional. I never got any replies though, I was planning on trying roll hunting from a foriegn country, never seen anyone do it though. Where can you get silver coins at face value from foriegn countries? Or where do youget the coins to search? I wouldn't mind finding a walker, or standing liberty or something, but silver is silver.

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cyber, not trying to hyjack your post but have an answer for 1996. If you live near an airport you can exchange currency there. Or when I went to Canada last fall when I was changing currency back I asked to exchange my paper Canadian into coin. They did it and I found a few older coins as well as a few silver. Then when I got back to the states in Seattle I changed the coin into US paper. Just 2 quick thoughts

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
Hi cyberdan, hope you don't mind. I just wanted to say that those are very good tips from the previous two posters.
thanks. 1996

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread