What's new

Checked a NEW Field Today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks pretty good it still had the fresh smell of diesel fuel so I didn't stay long in case they weren't done out there yet. Kinda jumped around real quick still a lot of debris on the ground. Next rain should help quite a bit. I did see some new deer stands out there so I can only look on the week days. I was happy to be out, rock
Not bad for a quick look I will be going back.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11557.webp
    SDC11557.webp
    393 KB · Views: 133
  • SDC11558.webp
    SDC11558.webp
    383.1 KB · Views: 128
  • SDC11559.webp
    SDC11559.webp
    399.2 KB · Views: 115
  • SDC11560.webp
    SDC11560.webp
    397.4 KB · Views: 112
  • SDC11561.webp
    SDC11561.webp
    347.3 KB · Views: 110
  • SDC11562.webp
    SDC11562.webp
    366.6 KB · Views: 126
  • SDC11563.webp
    SDC11563.webp
    332.1 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0
That new field looks promising. I really like those white quartz pieces. I wonder how hard it was to work a piece of that material. One would think it would be easily broken.
 
Everything had some damage on it today. But the quartz one is a scraper its called porcelain quartz it has a creamy feel to it like a cold cream jar. The small point is damaged at the bas a little but shows Archaic flaking on it so Im thinking it is a round base Morrow Mountain. They liked the quartz in that time frame.
Thanks huntress
 
Nice finds rock !!
 
Looks like there is potential for some better finds in that field, so get back out there and find that humdinger. :icon_thumleft:
 
I have to wait till next week they say rain Thursday and if so then it should wash some of that cotton to balls and clear the rows more. I can hope anyway.
 
I have to wait till next week they say rain Thursday and if so then it should wash some of that cotton to balls and clear the rows more. I can hope anyway.


i don't get what you mean rock???............and i am not trying to be silly
 
i don't get what you mean rock???............and i am not trying to be silly

Well if you haven't ever walked a cotton field after the harvest that is why you don't get it. Cotton and twigs are all over the place in the rows mostly. The field is on a hill so the rain will flow down the rows and pick up speed which will then collect the cotton and twigs and deposit it and the bottom of the hill. The debris will gather in small groups kinda ball up in a pile. The piles are easy to carry off the field then so the next rain will do the same thing it will clear the rows so the dirt shows. That is where the artifacts will be and will be visible to the naked eye. I let mother nature do it for me. If it stays cold the grass wont grow back fast. Very good question.
 
If you want to know what is hard on the eyes just walk a cotton field right after they harvest, you will go snow blind. Rock knows what I'm talking about. Around here they have done the 2 disking and made their rows and have ran a roller over them to pack them down for the winter.
 
Yeah I just don't know how good this winter is going to be for me I hate to say. The ground cover is already setting in and the cotton is all over. The rain we had was only 1/2 inch which wasn't good to wash anything. The No Till this year is going to be tough by the looks of it. They aren't planting cover crops but they aren't going to spray the weeds either which are already coming up fast. Last year was good maybe next will be different. HH everyone rock
 
Nice for a quick hunt.I would imagine there is allot waiting for you there.I walked around most of the day today,almost got skunked,but I got lucky towards the end and found some kind of exhausted scraper or tool.Not much for a 6 hour hunt but I can't complain.I am like you,felt good to get back out there.
 
Ive had many days like that. I hope to get back out soon. Thanks iron
 
Still-- a new field- and with potential, as you've shown us. One way or the other, you're going to get at it when the opportunity's right- and good luck to you when that happens! HH- Yak
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom