What's new

Chert nodules

painterx7

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2013
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
2,579
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some flint nodules that I track hoed out today digging a footer . I normally find these guys but never in this amount haha . Wanted to show everyone what those NA 's were digging up all those years ago
 

Attachments

  • image-3485094059.webp
    image-3485094059.webp
    147.2 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0
I doubt they were dug for much?
 
What ?
 
I would like to see what the inside looks like.
 
Red in these babies rack and some with yellow I will get some better pics I was pretty busy today ;)
 
I found allot of natural flint today it was every where. They sure didnt have to go far for it around here. Just jump in the creek.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure of the size of them but unless they're very large nodules they don't really leave room to make much maybe some flake tools.
I would be cracking them open to see if a geode was formed in any of them
 
We could have been tight friends under different circumstances, you realize that Painter, right?...people digging my brain, c'mon...
hahahahahahahahahahahaha ok they didn't mine for chert I gotcha
 
Look I apologized and I will again mr tractor it just seems everytime I turn around you only post to disagree with me I was aggravated last night when I posted that and quickly deleted it as I said I am sorry for the things I said months ago ... I was acting childish and I apologize I bet we would get along just fine but if we keep at it like this it won't do either one of us any good I can bury the hatchet can you ?
 
I'm not sure of the size of them but unless they're very large nodules they don't really leave room to make much maybe some flake tools. I would be cracking them open to see if a geode was formed in any of them
gator they are plenty large enough about the size of volleyballs some bigger some smaller
 
Wow.. I bet there's some crystallization and some fossils inside some of those
 
It's the most nodules I've ever dug out of such a small area i worked at a different spot today but hopefully I can get back there this week to load some up I can't wait !!!!
 
Consider it buried, lets start over. I have no doubt we can get along, we are much alike, perhaps the problem to begin with??
Look I apologized and I will again mr tractor it just seems everytime I turn around you only post to disagree with me I was aggravated last night when I posted that and quickly deleted it as I said I am sorry for the things I said months ago ... I was acting childish and I apologize I bet we would get along just fine but if we keep at it like this it won't do either one of us any good I can bury the hatchet can you ?
 
Lol yes you are right I bet your as hard headed and stubborn as me haha
 
is this a chert nodule? The second layer looks like chert in a way, the outside maybe like some water worn cortex material, and if there are geodes in some, ...well, there is something in this. Pretty strange looking, and I've wondered if it's a nodule. Found it in a creek.

chert nodule 009.webp
chert nodule 001.webp
thanks
 
Im glad you 2 are trying to consider both of your feelings. I like both of you 2, each for different reasons. Lets all try to get along and have some fun! This hobby is a fun one so lets do it, lets all be friends.
 
Kumbaya my lord kumbaya....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom