What's new

✅ SOLVED Cherubs, Piano and Mary?

LogansRun

Full Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
117
Reaction score
56
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what this piece is depicting and who is the artist? There doesn't seem to be any visible signatures but I have not taken it apart for fear of destroying it. It appears to be very old. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20141011_183403_865-1.webp
    IMG_20141011_183403_865-1.webp
    16.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_20141011_183506_766.webp
    IMG_20141011_183506_766.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 209
Saint Cecilia with angels probably dates around 1900, possible artist Gustav Naujok.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks nova treasure for the information. What is interesting is that the piece I have has Saint Cecilia wearing something different in the picture than the other images I found online of the same scene. I still can't find an exact match to this image online anywhere. Guess I'll keep on looking, Thanks again for your time and effort.
 
Upvote 0
Is this painted on porcelain? http://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:KPM_porcelain_painting_Saint_Cecilia.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Yes it painted on porcelain
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom