What's new

Chewed.

Joe G from Md

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2017
Messages
618
Reaction score
1,637
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000Di Pro plus/ Whites 5900/ started with Whites 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a pistol ball I'm pretty sure was chewed by a human any ideas why?
 

Attachments

  • 015.webp
    015.webp
    2.5 MB · Views: 102
  • 016.webp
    016.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 99
  • 017.webp
    017.webp
    2.5 MB · Views: 137
  • 018.webp
    018.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 113
Upvote 0
Could have been a hog or a horse. I've always heard that lead has a sweet taste is why animals like to chew it.
I also have some bullets that look like they have human teeth marks. We have all heard the story of pain bullets but I find it hard to believe simply because you never read of it in any of the journals. Not saying it didn't happen, but some will argue that it didn't. I would love to know for sure because some I have look just like human teeth.
 
Chewed by a feral hog perhaps, not a human.
 
Last edited:
I'm no expert by any means, but if it were chewed by a hog, wouldn't it be marred all over. Looks to me like something had to hold it to chew the end like that.. Just saying.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom