What's new

Chipped axes

m198

Greenie
Joined
Oct 29, 2012
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This are some of the chipped axes that I've found. Enjoy

axe.webp
 
Upvote 0
Thanks, Gatorboy and NC field hunter. The top and bottom left axes are from the Guilford period, the others I'm not sure of. My collection consist of central NC finds from the early archaic to the woodland period. I'm still looking for anything paleo. I've been told to expand my hunts to the west one county to even have a chance.
 
m198 said:
Thanks, Gatorboy and NC field hunter. The top and bottom left axes are from the Guilford period, the others I'm not sure of. My collection consist of central NC finds from the early archaic to the woodland period. I'm still looking for anything paleo. I've been told to expand my hunts to the west one county to even have a chance.

Here is a Guilford my dad found. I thought those 2 were guilford

image-1436175005.webp

Here is a raised ridge I stumbled upon

image-3399168496.webp

Those are my best two. I have a few more
 
You're very welcome. I look forward to seeing your finds.
 
Niceuns M198...
 
Very nice I dont have many. The ones here I have found could be Hoes or Celts. What is the bottom right one called in your picture?
 
Thank all, Those are some cool axes NC Hunter.
Rock, I'm not sure what the bottom right one is. It's not made of a material found where I live and it looked like it had been worked. That particular stone is found in the county north of me.
 
NC sent me a PM and said he has some like the bottom right one. I forget what he called them now.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom