What's new

City Metal detector

PavelP

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
41
Reaction score
77
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montreal
Detector(s) used
V3I, Deus 2, Deus, aka signum mft 7272m,T2 classic, Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I think of buying a new detector. I hunt mostly in city parcs with lots of trash ( steel bottlecaps , aluminium bottlecaps , pulltabs and all the other recent and old trash) I begun recently with Delta 4000 and found alot of goods but had LOTS of problem with EMI( was running on sens 4 and still got lots of chatter in many parcs) and mineralized ground. I purchased T2 classic because of the good depth, lots of good reviews and ground balance but soon i realized that the trick to discriminate the bottle caps didn't work when you are looking for canadian clad coins (mostly steel) and i think the t2 excel in low trash areas ( modern trash)

With T2 many bottlecaps sound and ID just like many canadian coins ( with delta 4000 i could easily tell them a part most of the time)+ 11" coil doesn't help in high trash area

I am thinking of getting xp deus with 9" coil ( i like the e-trac but from what i read he doesn't like canadian coins), the deus is expensive but maybe its better to purchase the best unit and not to change in few years or to keep the t2 and maybe get smaller coil ?
 
Go with a pulse machine, so you will not need to figure which are targets and what are trash.
 
In high trash areas it is best to use the 5" DD coil. That would be what I'd buy if it were me.
 
Go with a pulse machine, so you will not need to figure which are targets and what are trash.

Surely you jest ? A pulse machine for junky parks ?

Best for turf = Minelab explorer :)
 
I agree with the smallest DD coil for whatever you select. I use a NEL Sharpshooter but go down to a 6.5" for the really trashy areas.

I like my Fisher F-75se because it is fast; especially in the FA mode. I can hear individual good tones under or beside junk signals. But there are many good choices. The xp Deus looks really interesting and folks who have them seem to like theirs. And a Minelab Explorer is also a no lose proposition.

We live in fortunate times!
 
Get a small coil and practice with the t2. It don't get much better than that. It does take practice.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom