TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to the local city park today for about 2 1/2 hours. I found 15 pull tabs, 3 bottle caps (one old style), half a pair of sunglasses, part of a zipper, misc, 3 Pennies, 3 Nickles, 3 Dimes, and 2 Quarters - no old coins but my best clad find yet (and only found a dime and quarter together).

I also found some strange piece of metal, it is on edge in the picture to show the bent/sloped end. It is about 6 1/2" long and 2" wide, not sure what it is, but I do know I found it 10" in the ground. :D I have found a few targets in the past that seemed to be buried much too far for a coin so this time I dug it up.

Overall I have been getting much better results with my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV. Not sure if I am learning the machine/tones, going slower/faster at swinging or what but I did find some of the coins and tabs down to about 5" today - I'm very happy about that.

I ordered a 4" Gold Nugget coil for my MD that will be here Wednesday - couldn't wait so I paid for two-day delivery :thumbsup: I read great reviews about it will find more and better items, and read it gets the same depth as the standard 8" coil so I had to get it.

Also my pinpointer will be here in a few days as well - so far I have been waving the dirt in front of my MD coil and can't wait to quit that and be able to dig smaller holes. :D

finds-06-10-12.jpg

Upvote 1
OP
OP
TCosbyJr

TCosbyJr

Jun 3, 2012
Bedford, IN
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep it up! The really good stuff is just around the corner!

Thanks, I will that's for sure - can't wait to find my next "big" find that beats a wheat penny. :D GL and HH to you too

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
off to a good start TC, keep swinging your new machine, and it will soon become an extension to your right arm

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right on track for sure. Keep digging those pull tabs and the gold will come!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread