What's new

Civil War Battle Site Hunt

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2007
Messages
1,379
Reaction score
642
Golden Thread
1
Location
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Buckleboy (buckleelf) and myself got permission to hunt a site here in Louisiana. Have been finding some bullets and cannon ball fragments. Here are a few pictures.
 

Attachments

  • buckleboy1.webp
    buckleboy1.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,269
  • abt85h_th.webp
    abt85h_th.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 1,295
  • 11uu3no_th.webp
    11uu3no_th.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,335
  • willshane.webp
    willshane.webp
    3 KB · Views: 1,367
Upvote 0
Some nice CW recoveries guys. Glad to see BB is out swinging again. I heard his hands were getting a bit soft. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Congrats,
MM
 
Looks like you guys are on to a VERY promising site. Great finds and much more to come from you two I am sure. If it's there, BB will locate it. HH, Quindy.
 
Had to get my magnifying glass out to see who that last photo was of :D

Here's a few more pics. Oh, and when we get to the house site huntin', watch out. :wink: Gonna be some good posts coming up.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 005-1.webp
    Picture 005-1.webp
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,327
  • Picture 008-1.webp
    Picture 008-1.webp
    106 KB · Views: 1,357
  • Picture 010-1.webp
    Picture 010-1.webp
    116.7 KB · Views: 1,359
  • Picture 011-1.webp
    Picture 011-1.webp
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,337
I hope you realize just how blessed you are... :icon_thumleft:
 
shanegalang said:
Buckleboy (buckleelf) and myself got permission to hunt a site here in Louisiana. Have been finding some bullets and cannon ball fragments. Here are a few pictures.

I thought I recognized the silly looking hat in the tiny photo :laughing7:

Good to be hunting those good finds with a mate :icon_thumright:
 
your running with rough company...careful!! :laughing7:

I expect big things very soon!!! :thumbsup:
 
ModernMiner said:
Some nice CW recoveries guys. Glad to see BB is out swinging again. I heard his hands were getting a bit soft. :tongue3: :laughing9:
Congrats,
MM

Pianist hands. :D

VOL1266-X said:
Looks like you guys are on to a VERY promising site. Great finds and much more to come from you two I am sure. If it's there, BB will locate it. HH, Quindy.

There might be time to dig a plate in 2011 still... :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors said:
That is fantastic Shane. It's great to see Will getting out again too.

It's great to get out. That hiatus has been Way too long!
 
CRUSADER said:
shanegalang said:
Buckleboy (buckleelf) and myself got permission to hunt a site here in Louisiana. Have been finding some bullets and cannon ball fragments. Here are a few pictures.

I thought I recognized the silly looking hat in the tiny photo :laughing7:

Good to be hunting those good finds with a mate :icon_thumright:

Hey now! That hat is a Serious piece of metal detecting gear. :D

It's great to have a good friend here to go digging with.

kuger said:
your running with rough company...careful!! :laughing7:

I expect big things very soon!!! :thumbsup:

Rough? You should see my metal detecting bouncer. He is tall, rotund, and got a face only his mother could love. His name is Doug. :laughing7: Thanks for the MDing christmas card, Doug!

:thumbsup:

Best Wishes,

Buck
 
How awesome is that! You two are digging up the good stuff! What's the button? :icon_pirat:

Merry Christmas!!!

Nana :icon_santa:
 
Nana40 said:
How awesome is that! You two are digging up the good stuff! What's the button? :icon_pirat:

Merry Christmas!!!

Nana :icon_santa:

I have never felt more certain that a button would be CW than when that one was dug--and I was so wrong! It is actually a great seal button. Don't have a clue what that was doing in there.

-BB
 
Sweet finds for sure! :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom