What's new

Civil War buckle?

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug this at a property in Buchannan Va that was occupied during the Civil War. It was bent when I dug it but i carefully straightened it out some. Ive been told its some type of buckle from the period but id love to have more info if anyone knows more about it.
 

Attachments

  • 20190512_193821.webp
    20190512_193821.webp
    360.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20190512_193818.webp
    20190512_193818.webp
    326.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190512_193809.webp
    20190512_193809.webp
    425.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 20190512_192918.webp
    20190512_192918.webp
    521.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 20190512_192430.webp
    20190512_192430.webp
    444.7 KB · Views: 70
looks like a suspender clip. note where it looks like that tange broke off. Weather its civil was, I cant say..

Tim
 
Upvote 0
I’d say suspender clip as well. Cool find, civil war or not!
 
Upvote 0
As the others have said, it's a suspender buckle. That style is post civil war era and would date to the late 1870's up to the early 1890's. It's a good find.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the info.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom