Civil war bullet school gives up 2 more bullets and a pile of military blanks from the scout camp

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the civil war bullet school for my normal weekend hunt. Extending grids and trying to cover as much ground as I can cleaning up the non ferrous junk nd the goodies. I spent 5.5 hours with the CZ21 and found 50 coins with a face value of $2.25, 2 civil war minie balls, a bent up penny, a cheapie chain on a leather thong bracelet with charms, a badly beat up stainless serving spoon, a big pile of tabs and some can slaw.

1FB7DEED-9914-43F7-A0F2-6704B65665B3.jpeg

C64F3AAB-F608-4DA3-B6A8-5D215DC2C0EC.jpeg

9240FD32-D08A-4948-95CB-50D626B49974.jpeg

This was a good hunt. The last couple have been mostly clad and junk, nothing special. Bullets from this site are not as special as they were at first, but they do add to the fun.

I made my weekly trip to the scout camp and did much better than I thought I would. I have done most all of the camp sites pretty thoroughly and am venturing out farther into the woods expecting to only find a few things, but what I have discovered is that almost all of the ground has been used well enough in the past to make for a decent hunt almost anywhere near a campsite.

I spent 6 hours with the CZ21 and found 68 coins with a face value of $7.94 (fewer coins than normal, but only 14 pennies so the overall value was better), 86 camp tent pegs, a circus tent size peg, a horseshoe, a claw hammer, lots of reinactor blank cartridges (including a clip strip), a nice little flashlight that still works, a nice little pocket knife in working order, a cut up penny, a mangled quarter, sinkers, a rope tensioner, 2 small leather stamps (an A and an arrow), some foil, personal tent pegs, a few tabs and coat hangers. The coat hangers are a common find, they sound like tent pegs so I clean them up. Because I was not actually in a camp site there was less trash than normal as well so that was nice.

3CC3FE18-7EAE-441B-B0D1-D5D6A1D44D25.jpeg

4054B1CB-0F9D-4309-B5A3-0CCDE499DD89.jpeg

D9EBED38-34D1-4473-9B70-8FC6883152BF.jpeg

I bit the bullet and bought an Equinox 800. I got a good deal. It came with wireless headphones and an extra coil (the 15inch). It’s nice that they send them with coil covers. I am spending some time getting it set up and watching some helpful YouTube videos so I know what I’m doing. We will see how much of a learning curve there is for this machine.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 5

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the civil war bullet school for my normal weekend hunt. Extending grids and trying to cover as much ground as I can cleaning up the non ferrous junk nd the goodies. I spent 5.5 hours with the CZ21 and found 50 coins with a face value of $2.25, 2 civil war minie balls, a bent up penny, a cheapie chain on a leather thong bracelet with charms, a badly beat up stainless serving spoon, a big pile of tabs and some can slaw.

View attachment 2073411

View attachment 2073410

View attachment 2073412

This was a good hunt. The last couple have been mostly clad and junk, nothing special. Bullets from this site are not as special as they were at first, but they do add to the fun.

I made my weekly trip to the scout camp and did much better than I thought I would. I have done most all of the camp sites pretty thoroughly and am venturing out farther into the woods expecting to only find a few things, but what I have discovered is that almost all of the ground has been used well enough in the past to make for a decent hunt almost anywhere near a campsite.

I spent 6 hours with the CZ21 and found 68 coins with a face value of $7.94 (fewer coins than normal, but only 14 pennies so the overall value was better), 86 camp tent pegs, a circus tent size peg, a horseshoe, a claw hammer, lots of reinactor blank cartridges (including a clip strip), a nice little flashlight that still works, a nice little pocket knife in working order, a cut up penny, a mangled quarter, sinkers, a rope tensioner, 2 small leather stamps (an A and an arrow), some foil, personal tent pegs, a few tabs and coat hangers. The coat hangers are a common find, they sound like tent pegs so I clean them up. Because I was not actually in a camp site there was less trash than normal as well so that was nice.

View attachment 2073414

View attachment 2073415

View attachment 2073413

I bit the bullet and bought an Equinox 800. I got a good deal. It came with wireless headphones and an extra coil (the 15inch). It’s nice that they send them with coil covers. I am spending some time getting it set up and watching some helpful YouTube videos so I know what I’m doing. We will see how much of a learning curve there is for this machine.

Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

river roamer

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2022
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II Excalibur 1000 Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds Looks like your doing a good job of cleaning up the trash too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread