Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all.

I went to an old civil war era house today. I have hit there before and found lots of good finds. My 1st find was a 1889 Indian head cent!! Dig some more and found my 1st carved 3 ringer. It appears that it had been carved to match with the newer bullets they used in the civil war later on. The ones with the gaps in between them. You can see where it ahs been carved out around the rim. Also found a half of a Ky token and an artillary friction primer. I also have a whatsit! It is an iron piece but appears to have a name on the side. From what I can figure out it appears to say Evelyn Gilmon? Any ideas what it is? I figured it may be a piece from the printing press. Or maybe a personal stamp? Thanks!!

Attachments

• PIC_3207.JPG
    PIC_3207.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 1,516
  • PIC_3209.JPG
    PIC_3209.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 1,511
  • PIC_3213.JPG
    PIC_3213.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,526
  • PIC_3215.JPG
    PIC_3215.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,521
  • PIC_3216.JPG
    PIC_3216.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,532
  • hannahs sell 181.jpg
    hannahs sell 181.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,538
  • hannahs sell 182.jpg
    hannahs sell 182.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,529
  • hannahs sell 183.jpg
    hannahs sell 183.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,608
  • hannahs sell 184.jpg
    hannahs sell 184.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,598
  • hannahs sell 185.jpg
    hannahs sell 185.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 1,649
Upvote 0
Thanks guys for all the comments especially the ones who tried to help me out! Yea not sure how the conversation got out of hand, anyway Maybe more people will look at it because of all the comments LOL. Thanks again fellow treasurenet members! Happy Hauling all!

olekyground said:
Thanks guys for all the comments especially the ones who tried to help me out! Yea not sure how the conversation got out of hand, anyway Maybe more people will look at it because of all the comments LOL. Thanks again fellow treasurenet members! Happy Hauling all!

Yes, and they should go back and read the rules they agreed upon after signing up ::)

That is a temporary printing plate made in a :"Linotype" machine,used from the late 1800`s to the 1970`s, some may still be in operation today.The lead could be melted and re-used, Great finds!

Can you define "troll" now?
[/quote]

troll/trōl/
Noun:
1. A mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.(I am good looking)

2. The action of trolling for fish.
Verb:
Fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat: "we trolled for mackerel".

I prefer trolling for Musky or Striped Bass. You guys take this way tooooo seriously. :argue:

[/quote]

Yea,Romper room called wants ya back!!!
If you dont have any thing beneficial to add(which you obviously dont)....buzz off!!Maybe go lurk your fantasy burial ground!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back