What's new

Civil War officer Buckle

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day today at my hidden gem spot in Central VA. Added to the collection of Confederate buttons with a gorgeous Union officer plate. Looks to be model 1851? Is the bullet confederate? Looks like 2 ringer?
 

Attachments

  • 20150724_094920.webp
    20150724_094920.webp
    424.3 KB · Views: 320
  • 20150724_095020-1.webp
    20150724_095020-1.webp
    113.5 KB · Views: 267
Upvote 58
That is a truly awesome find - Looks like new. You did good.
 
Congrats on a really nice buckle find! It looks like a great candidate for a restoration. Sorry but I do not know much about Civil War bullets!


Frank
 
Beautiful buckle
 
Awesome Find!!!
 
That's an outstanding find
 
That's an awesome find. Congrats. Bullet looks like a Richmond Sharps. Not sure
Is the base solid?
 
Last edited:
Beautiful condition.... Restoration + Sale equals another detector?....
 
Yes solid base
 
Yes solid base

Hard to tell from pic. Take some measurements then Google CW bullets. You will get lots of references. Post measurements and better pic. Someone here can ID
 
Great looking buckle, it'll look awesome in the showcase.
 
great find! congrats! It's hard to tell from just a picture, but I would say the bullet is most certainly a burnside. could be a spencer, but it doesn't look quite pointed enough for that.
 
I never tire of seeing these buckles in dug condition, I like it just like that. Nice secret spot you got there.
 
That is a really nice looking buckle.:thumbsup: I was hoping for one of those today.
 
Congrats on your save....I'm just a little jealous...Lol
 
IN THE YEAR 3131 GREG WENT DETECTING FOR SOME FINDS AND FOUND ONE. BEAUTIFUL 1851 UNION OFFICERS BUCKLE , BOY THAT WILL MAKE A NICE SHOWCASE ADDITION.
 
Wow! Such a sweet buckle. I'd leave that puppy EXACTLY like it is. Restoration-shmestoration. That thing tells a story. Might be battle-damaged. No insult to those who like 'em restored, I just love 'em in as-found condition. Congrats. Found 3 U.S. buckles last year, but never gotten close to one of THOSE.
 
Definitely not restoring. I agree 100% on leaving it as is. Thanks to all for the comments. Good luck on future hunts.
 
What an amazing piece of US history........ wish I found it :hello2:

Big Congrats


DAwG
 
Great find. That is truly a rare find and the condition is wonderful. All I would do is use a very fine brass bristle brush to remove the sediment, and holy smokes it'll pop in a display!!

Congrats!

Steve
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom