What's new

Civil War officer Buckle

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day today at my hidden gem spot in Central VA. Added to the collection of Confederate buttons with a gorgeous Union officer plate. Looks to be model 1851? Is the bullet confederate? Looks like 2 ringer?
 

Attachments

  • 20150724_094920.webp
    20150724_094920.webp
    424.3 KB · Views: 320
  • 20150724_095020-1.webp
    20150724_095020-1.webp
    113.5 KB · Views: 267
Upvote 58
Hello Gregg3131. That is one helluva find. I agree with you on the restoration bit...to me it restoring things sometimes ruins the mystic of the item. Thanks for posting it and good luck. C9
 
The patina on that baby is beautiful!
 
Beautiful buckle!!! I love it just the way it is. And I agree with corpsman, it's most likely a burnside carbine bullet.
 
Awesome buckle! I'd love to find one of those.
 
Wow! Such a sweet buckle. I'd leave that puppy EXACTLY like it is. Restoration-shmestoration. That thing tells a story. Might be battle-damaged. No insult to those who like 'em restored, I just love 'em in as-found condition. Congrats. Found 3 U.S. buckles last year, but never gotten close to one of THOSE.

I was Just about to post a Similar Statement , ie, I'd leave the Buckle like it is.
Also I'm 95% sure Your Bullet is a Spencer (from the way it looks ) Lord Knows I have dug Enough of them.

A Super Find Indeed.
Davers
 
Great find.....I agree if it was mine I would leave it as found. I'm not a fan of restoration on many historical items
 
Just looked again .
Bullet IMO Spencer With Powder Burn on the Bottom, to me it just don't have that "Blunt/Stubby Burnside Look.

The Buckle is A-OK Man.
Davers
 
Just awesome! Great find.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom