Last edited:

FriscoT06

May 2, 2011
Hatteras Island, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II (retired), Minelab X-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I just moved to Marietta. I've done lots of other types of hunting (fossils, Native American artifacts, colonial shipwrecks, rev war era houses, etc), but this area is so rich in Civil War history that I've settled on starting for that now. A cannonball is my #1 for the next four years. I'll PM you my email! -T

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I withdraw information until I decide to become a Charter. Sorry about that. How many other TH'ers give away locations?

Last edited:

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Available at Kellyco Metal Detectors is my field manual called Forts, Camps & Batteries of Georgia, over 400 sites some known, some National Parks and some unknowns waiting for a finder. Good Luck!

Ack $15.95 for a book with zero description? no total pages.. no color black and white.. no listing of how many pictures or maps ...

Not to mention only Charter members may advertise/sell things here (since you wrote this book).. kind of crossing the line ....
Spend the 20 bucks, become a charter member than advertise your book all you want in the classified section

Last edited:

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Civil war relic show in Dalton Sunday is the last day You might find some other diggers up there or clubs with tables set up

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bust him Uncle Jeff

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is a book by the late William R. Scaife of Acworth. Bill used to come to all the civil war shows. His book " The Campaign For Atlanta " is out of print. The hard bound version is expensive but there is a large nice paper back version that makes a great version for use in the field. Remember to always get permission to hunt the parcel of land you are interested in. Remember relic hunters have been tresspassing for 35 years from Atlanta to Ringgold. Careful , landowners can be very hostile to hunters. But look the land owners straight in the eye and you might get lucky.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
or try shirts with something on the back

forensics
homeland security
CIA ( but don't tell anyone)
FBI
state trooper
kgb

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Survey Crew with a fancy name , and you must have a truck that has " that government look " like a white tahoe... U.S. Geologic Survey ...lol

I went to the Dalton Show today. Awesome. If you leave early in the morning , you can make it to the show. The dealers start breaking down about noon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread