Civil war trench survies in Missouri. Can anyone dowse this image, please?

brandonsmith

Apr 21, 2013
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been doing some research and found a civil war entrenchment in Otterville, Missouri. A good portion of it is located on private property by Mr. and Mrs. Mckinney, they have been letting people hunt it for many years and have even put together a museum with relics found here. My brother and i went and talked to the Mckinneys today and then got a short hunt in before the sun set. We found an old lock, a couple of buckles and some whatsits. This tells me the area is not hunted out yet. Another part of the story for this area is that Jesse James and his gang robbed several trains here, much of the loot was never recovered. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could dowse this image and tell me if there are any good leads. I am certain the ground still holds some great history, and i am excited to get back and hunt some more, any help is greatly appreciated.

The entrenchments are outlined, i only have access to the one outlined in red and the surrounding area.
treasure map.png

Here is a link to a page with info on the entrenchments.http://mocivilwar150.com/attraction/275

Last edited:

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get some relics in the white box areas.

Attachments

• treasure map- brandonsmith.png
    treasure map- brandonsmith.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 202
OP
OP
brandonsmith

brandonsmith

Apr 21, 2013
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you very much Red_Desert and aarthrj3811. i am now back home in South Carolina but as soon as i get the chance, i will check these spots out. I really wish i would have had more time to hunt when i was there, we did find some relics so i know it can't be hunted out. Ill update as soon as i get back to hunt. Thanks again guys!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi brandonsmith,Dowsing has revealed an attraction to lead and brass relics in the areas of the white circles.Thanks for posting your picture.Jon

Attachments

• treasure%20mapdowsed.png
    treasure%20mapdowsed.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 161

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread