What's new

Clad aint bad......turns into treasure!

Dirty WhiteBoy

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
590
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

Save your clad...Let it build up and go buy someting nice for your collection! After all, it was found with your detector! :thumbsup: I take all my clad, roll it up and take it to the bank and turn it in. Then I go to my favorite coin shop and I buy either Silver Dollars or 1 oz. Silver rounds with it and I add them to my collection! No, I did not dig them up but, the value of them came from the ground so I can justify them being in my collection of finds! I do not lie to people and say I found them, I just explain that they were purchased with all of the "change" that I dug up! Clad is nasty looking if you don't clean it up so I just turn it into something nice for my collection! I am slowly building my collection up and I will someday cash in at least the silver dollars and clad that I find and either buy myself a motorcycle or take a trip up to Missouri where I can do some real "old coin hunting" :P I have been detecting full time since I got my DFX in September and so far I would estimate that I have dug up over $300.00 just in clad so far. I had 1 day where I dug up 152 coins in one day! Total about 13.00 in one day! Now that does start to add up over time! You could also save it up for a couple years and buy yourself a new detector every two years with just the clad that you found! :-\ Clad ain't bad...it turns into treasure after a while! Pictured is my collection as it stands now. This is everything I dug up since September with my DFX. The silver rounds and silver dollars you see were purchased with clad that was dug up! ;D
 

Attachments

  • collection cropped1.webp
    collection cropped1.webp
    117.3 KB · Views: 344
  • IMGP2519.webp
    IMGP2519.webp
    130.2 KB · Views: 334
  • IMGP2522.webp
    IMGP2522.webp
    77.3 KB · Views: 340
  • IMGP2520.webp
    IMGP2520.webp
    136.7 KB · Views: 329
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

Good idea, I mean the sewing kit for a treasure chest, oh and that silver coin bought with clad is good too ! :wink:
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

I second that. Although I turn my clad in, and get rolls for CRHing.....but it is the same concept, I think.
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

Thanks MD Dog! I love the avatar! :thumbsup:
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

nice stach
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

Nice collection, good investment.

Personally...I spend my clad. I still consider it found treasure. I save my oddities, silver coins....jewelry...whatever...but not as investments...just my personal enjoyment.

maybe when I retire...aint that far away....

Al
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

Hmmm, I dunno, I'd rather knock myself silly to find a single silver dollar, than to buy 100 of them with clad that I found from sandboxes.
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

Treasure is treasure no matter how you come by it, Just ask My grand kids. :wink:
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

I call it metal upgrading * trading nasty modern clad and zinc coins for preety shiny silvers --oh ah ----

now I do keep my "real "silver coins that I find those are my "special" coins --those and coins like wheat cents --indain head cents -- silver war nickles --buffalo nickles and other old coins merc dimes --walker haves and such.
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

yeah Ivan, I keep any "OLD" coins I find too....I just don't have much use for the clad itself. I like the metal upgrading term! 8)
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

I don't know. I like the post on here about the guy who hit the "100,000 coins found" mark. Seems like that would be pretty cool to have 100,000 coins (even clad) laying around. At the very least it would be worth $10K. And it could even be worth $25K if you found a lot of silver over the years.
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

That is definately remarkable, however I would sure hate to have to roll all that change up! :'( That would take you about 10 days of rolling! ::) Guess what though....it would be so worth it! :o
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

Yes, clad is good. I took last years finds and bought a sweet SS light bar and driving lights for my truck. 8)
 
Re: Clad ain't bad......turns into treasure!

I usually roll my clad up, pennies,dimes quarters,nickles Then I cash it in. I do not use the coin star machines. You get charged 7 cents on each dollar, might not be alot to some, but it is to me and that seven dug holes and counting for nothing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom