What's new

Clad and a smile

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,677
Reaction score
43,385
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It really was a nice day outside today.

And, I shouldn't have been in a bad mood.

But.....dang it! I'm tired of not finding any silver coins! :(

And, I let the Lord know just how I felt today! :(

2016 (412).webp

He heaped clad on me and I was thankful, but.....

Then....after our little conversation?

And, OTWBTTC?

2016 (413).webp

I did a sheepish lil smile and said, "Nuff said, Lord."
LOL

Thanks for peeking!
 
Upvote 31
Nice pile of clad & a dandy deputy sheriff badge - fantastic finds & congrats to you - thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED
 
Feel your pain Ive found 500 plus quarters 200 plus dimes 150 nickels 1400 pennies 189 wheats 23 rings and only 49 silver in at least 3 times a week 4 to7 hours each time hunting in 2 years. I read peoples todays finds gold rings 10 silver dimes paul reveres boot. A 1523 reale and a gold coin and king tuts gold tooth. Next find 11 coppers 3 US army buckles a ww1 cannon and a derringer. An old Spanish sword and Jimmy Hoffas wallet with six gold dabloons in it and can someone help idebtify this coin spill from the 1600s. Sorry got carried away venting Not a lot of silver here either......
 
I heard "some where" that the Good Guy up there doesn't heap any more on us than we can handle.........apparently I'm not able to "handle" much in the line of silver (or any other old coinage), either...........
I'm achin' right along with you, whadifind and a2coins...........:dontknow::BangHead:
 
Hey, be thankful you can get out and hunt. Nothing wrong with that stuff. You are a successful finder of minor treasure. And God will one day reward you for your patience. Or maybe not...
 
You are absolutely right metal detecting is very relaxing being out in the woods at the beach very serine. I love and appreciate the hobby easy to lose sight of all the benefits and just focus on the find benefits. Thanks for the comment Happy hunting!!!!!
 
Don't get me wrong folks. I've been doing this for much too long to not realize what's the *real* treasure. LOL

I give thanks to Him every time I go out, BEFORE I even turn on the machine. I tell Him that I know that just being out here doing this is half of why I came. It's partly why I make posts of mostly clad too. Keeping the hobby real. If we're lucky, we'll get some clad every time out. It is worth something. :)

We ALL get a bit frustrated when that occasional "happy" find doesn't show up but we also know it's a marathon, not a sprint. (Although, from some of the detectorists I've seen running across the field, I wonder. ;) )

It's a mistake to go out *expecting* to find treasure every time out. We should look for it but not expect that each time is going to have gold. If it was that easy, gold wouldn't be that rare.

One thing though, I'm wondering if the good Lord just *might* have some tiny, small, little problem.....with pieces of silver. Anyone think of a reason? ;)
 
Last edited:
Nice looking Sheriffs badge Whadi. I'd take that find any day for my display case.
 
Sweet badge and clad.
I think the big guy in the sky is preparing you for the big one. Like maybe a walking half or silver dollar.
I hope you're taking your blood pressure meds.
Congrats on getting out.
 
Keep diggin !!!!! I find I go through streaks of good finds then nothing but junk and clad, but we keep trying. Keep at it! Hell I'm still looking for King Tuts gold tooth! Congrats and HH
 
Whadi, You are now a duly deputized member of the "Precious Profitable Pieces Pursuing Posse," (PPPPP) congratulations! As you said, this hobby is a marathon, and there are (most!) days when we come back only with lowly clad. But clad to a pauper is treasure. Coming home with nothing is the only unbearable torment. It makes the "special" finds that much more special. I, after 6 years of heavy detecting, have yet to find anything "banner worthy." So I dream of one day joining that elite club that YOU are in already! Keep digging, my friend. Sub 8-)
 
Cool badge and a pile of clad. I'd call that a blessing. Like you, I give thanks for the mere fact that I'm able to be out there enjoying the day. Dirt fishing and water fishing are much the same. Even when I don't "catch" anything, I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing. Congrats, and may the man upstairs keep us all healthy and swinging!
 
Congratz on a pile of clad and the badge! You'll get 'em next time! :icon_sunny:
 
Whadi, You are now a duly deputized member of the "Precious Profitable Pieces Pursuing Posse," (PPPPP) congratulations!

Oh yeah! I believe I remember that club name! It's acronym is pronounced much in the same way as ......

:tongue3: "Thhhhhbtpptttbbttttttttttt!!!!!!" (I never could figure out how to spell that! :icon_scratch:)
 
Any time you can find something out of the ordinary is a good day. I'd say that badge fits that description!
 
Nice walk out collecting the clad and a nice surprise! Congrars!
Those two are happy!

I do believe He just deputized you to go out and round up the silver.

My last silver coin was last year!

When i ask for stuff i do get it, but not what i expected, and more times than not it brings a laugh or a smile.

....happiness is priceless!


....where's the trash :what:
 
Feel your pain Ive found 500 plus quarters 200 plus dimes 150 nickels 1400 pennies 189 wheats 23 rings and only 49 silver in at least 3 times a week 4 to7 hours each time hunting in 2 years. I read peoples todays finds gold rings 10 silver dimes paul reveres boot. A 1523 reale and a gold coin and king tuts gold tooth. Next find 11 coppers 3 US army buckles a ww1 cannon and a derringer. An old Spanish sword and Jimmy Hoffas wallet with six gold dabloons in it and can someone help idebtify this coin spill from the 1600s. Sorry got carried away venting Not a lot of silver here either......

Yep, it's why I put up such mundane posts as well as "good" ones. I feel it shows a truer picture of what most go through in this hobby. Although, some, do indeed approach this a bit more professionally. With much more diligence to research etc. I know, because when I started I was more this type of hunter. I seem to have gotten much more lazy in my old age. ;)

So, take with a grain of salt, my "complaints" from time to time of no "good" finds. I already know why. LOL

I pray sometimes but, I'm really thinking that the Lord has something about finding "pieces of silver". ;)

Thanks!
 
Love your posts and the responses. Very good reading when you need a laugh or two! Thanks for the smiles and hopefully a silver trinket will find your pouch soon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom