Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose......headed down to Clam Harbour with Capt Jack Sparrow to his humble summer abode.
PC260015.jpg

After unpacking our gear it was off to the beach for a little noodling around and a chance for Capt. Sparrow to better learn his Ace 250.
PC250001.jpg

We dug till dark popping a load of pennies and bottlecaps with nothing of interest found. Once back at the cottage it was a quick meal and and even quicker disappearing of a two liter Carlo Rossi red.

Next morning we had a scoff of bacon and eggs with a cup of mud and fed the wildlife out back.

Mister Man there sure is a lot of birds in the area including jays, blue heron, red wing black birds and about a dozen others that I have no idea what the halibut kind they are. Area around the feeders was heavily patroled by a pair of squirrels who were constantly moving the birds away from the feeders and chattering at this bouy as I approached to replenish the meals.
PC250009.jpg

This shot off the back porch is of a tree which seems to be a hang out for most of our visitors and I was lucky to get a photo of it between landings.
PC250010.jpg

Had a Kodac moment on the way to our next dig location!
PC250005.jpg

Another day of pounding the pennies and Capt. Sparrow took a break before the evening meal.
PC250012.jpg

The evening meal was put on the bbq where Capt. Sparrow out did his self preparing the steaks which was aided by an abundance of red wine. "Fed up" we relaxed out back and watched the sun go down.
PC250011.jpg

Last day of our mini trip and we again hit the beach and dug a few more goodies and headed home tired but satisfied as Capt. Sparrow found about 50 coins and seemed to be approaching that "one with your machine" stage. I managed 137 coins and a few odds and sods but nothing of note.

Once home the heat drove Marie and I to a local lake to cool off. Of course the Seahunter Mark 2 was close at hand and about the sixth target turned out to be my best find of my two day dig. 14k with six diamonds which now graces Marie's pointing finger. Photo doesn't do this heavy sucker justice.
PC260016.jpg

Take for the two days was a key, Quebec key chain, 151 coins $13.91 and the ring.
ring.jpg

Upvote 0

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Excellent post and great pictures. Now that is living. Awesome sunset and the beach look great. Super congrats on the gold& diamond ring and thanks for sharing.
HH,
Roy

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a great trip Leslie! Congrats on the gold and thanks for sharing your outing with us :thumbsup:

Nat

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice little detecting trip ... eh? Yeah! ... sure like the Gold Ring with the little sparklies. :icon_sunny:

WTG Les! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Yeah, fantastic Gold ring, story and photos. Thanks Leslie, you're the over there and deserve a :icon_king: icon.
HH and thanks for sharing :thumbsup:.

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey Leslie,

Nice batch of coins and a very nice ring. Great pictures, thanks for sharing them with us. Tell Captain Sparrow he has a nice summer retreat there. Keep up the good work!

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like beutiful country up there, Nice finds by the way

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup:
Awesome ring. Congrats on an outstanding find.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice day, congrats!!! :thumbsup:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Sounds like you had an excellent time out there! :thumbsup: Congratulations on the 14k ring with diamonds in it! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread