CLASS RINGS - Who has theirs? ***UPDATE***

Re: CLASS RINGS - Who has theirs?

Well, some jerk decided he wanted my high school ring, my college ring, my Masonic rings, natural sapphire in silver mount ring, a gold Hamilon railroad watch, 4 antique rifles, 2 black powder pistols, and anything else he could carry off. If I could have found the SOB he'd be in the local cemetary (after I drug him back into my house :o and claimed self-defense...or whatever....LOL

I got mine in 1962 lost it in 1964 in the bay, by patuxant river naval air station md.

T C Williams High School (Remember the Titans) Alexandria VA.
Class of 1973
Lost along Potomac river July 4th 1976 at the Bicentennial Celebration, Washington DC.

Hey, Tin Nugget, you wouldn't have lost it if you hadn't been skinny dipping in the Potomac River! LOL ;D ;D ::) :-X

Just saw TX, OK, and KS on the Weather Channel. Hope you're staying high and dry!
--Mel

borninok

I had mine stole along with other things when we were robbed 5 days before Christmas in 1983. I's gold , 1972 date for North Shore High School, Houston, Texas.
Thanks for bringin' that up again.....
If this sounds familiar to anyone, please send it back.

P.S. You can keep the Christmas Presents you unwrapped and took.....($%%^&^%$)

Keep safe...

Aloha High School, Class of 1995

myclassring.jpg

I found it when I was helping my parents move out of the house to their new one. It was on the shop floor and in need of a good bath LOL

I have two of them. The first was for graduating in the class of 1960 Flaget (Braves). Wore it with pride until sometime in the mid 60's when I lost it. I tore up everything we had looking for it even taking the seats out of the car. In 1971 my wife (we married in 1961) was going to have me another one made and that turned out to be an ordeal. She got a friend of mine who also graduated from Flaget to help her and she had to go to the Catholic school board to get proof that I did graduate and get written permission from them to have my second one made. Sometime in the mid 80's a friend called my mother and asked what my middle name was and what year I graduated. She told them and asked why? They had moved into the rented house we lived at before and he was watering his garden and out popped my class ring. When I went to get it of course they wouldn't let me give them anything for finding it. I was working part time at a meat market so on the flowing Friday I took them a box of T-Bones and a box of New York strips. Now who can turn them down. We were both happy after that. Jim

thanks guys,, one more question,, that 24 k right ??

sorry to ank questions on your post..... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Green1 said:
thanks guys,, one more question,, that 24 k right ??

I think rings are rarely made out of anything softer than 14k. Sometimes you'll see 16 or 18k, 20-24k is just way too soft to be a ring.

I will have try and fine mine sometime, but its is 10k gold and has a real ruby in it and cost me $27.50 . Does that give you any ideal how old I am.
Danny

I never had one. We moved in the summer of my junior year and I graduated at another school. Chances are good I would have lost it anyway.

I still have mine or I should say my wife has mine in her jewelry box. I wanted gold my parents didn't want to pay for it so I got Vandium. ;D

mastereagle22 said:
I still have mine or I should say my wife has mine in her jewelry box. I wanted gold my parents didn't want to pay for it so I got Vandium. ;D

We couldn't afford a gold one either, so I was going to spray paint mine gold. :'(
Do you mean VALADIUM? If so, welcome to the Valadium Club. Mine is the same metal.
-MM-

ModernMiner said:
mastereagle22 said:

We couldn't afford a gold one either, so I was going to spray paint mine gold. :'(
Do you mean VALADIUM? If so, welcome to the Valadium Club. Mine is the same metal.
-MM-

Oops yes that is what I meant! We could afford the gold one my mom and dad just didn't want to buy it and I was busy saving up to buy a car so I took what I got.

never got one, my mother couldnt afford it....no worries i hated that crap hole ;D

Lets see. If yours was 11 years ago that must make mine 12 years old. Too darned big to wear so I never lost it.

With it is my Father's. His was 1929 and I guess that was before numbers. ;D Also, some of my 1¢ gumball machine trophies from grade school.

Attachments

• HPIM0162.jpg
    HPIM0162.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 312
  • HPIM0164.jpg
    HPIM0164.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 325
  • HPIM0165.jpg
    HPIM0165.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 295

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread