These are some of the clay pipes and bowls from the last 20 years. I usually find one or two a year and thought you might like to see them. I you have any post them.
Yeah, what he said. Dump digging finds, in the river, or while MDing? Very sweet! Any chance you could show a close-up of the one with the man on it? Can you date them roughly? I bet you were pumped to find that one whole.
The pipes are from 1850's to the turn of the century. There is one that I'm not sure about and could be older. There's about 8 of them that have the initials T.D. on them and I think that maker was in Detroit. I'll have to look it up again to find out because I can't remember right now. I have found a few at excavation sites but most were found in the river. When you find them in the river they have some weight to them and after they dry out in a couple of days they are as light as a feather. None of the pipes are whole. The one with the longest stem is probally half it's original size.
Nice collection of pipes! The small nubs beneath the bowl, those must be standoffs to keep the pipe upright? Wonder why so many were found in the river? ffd