What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Still not sure

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,453
Reaction score
10,833
Golden Thread
0
It's getting smaller the more rust buildup I take away. Of course wishful thinking wants it to be a pocket pistol. It's got a ways to go on the cleaning. I don't want to waste my time if it's another cap gun which it might be. I got plenty of complete ones.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1191.webp
    IMG_1191.webp
    918.3 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_1196.webp
    IMG_1196.webp
    967.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1197.webp
    IMG_1197.webp
    839.7 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1192.webp
    IMG_1192.webp
    883 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks robust anyways..

The two lugs on the very front I don't recognize.
A break top has pretty round side the fastener for the pivot point runs through. With the round points being spaced wider than the shown lugs. (Far outside each side instead.)

Current existing shield is a bit small for common revolvers.
A lot of handgun designs in the world though...

Those two lugs up front being matched to a known design would help.
 
Upvote 0
Looks to me like there is a lot of carbon built up in the area where
the pin would be hitting the primer/cartridge.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for all the replies. I know there's a lot of knowledgeable gun experts on here
 
Upvote 0
Best I can clean it without electrolysis
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1328.webp
    IMG_1328.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
Definitely not a keyhole saw handle.
 
Upvote 0
Makes me want to go back and dig all the iron in that small area where I found it see if I can get anymore of it
 
Upvote 0
It looks like cast iron ...is it?
 
Upvote 0
It looks EXACTLY like this one. Even the lityle protrusion within the bottom of the handle
Yeah it's got to be it , I'm good with that it's a pretty old revolver . Maybe next time I can find an even older boot pistol
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom