What's new

cleaning your rubber hand grip

slp45

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
State College, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, White Classic
Hello, Here is a hint on cleaning your rubber hand grip ,use the Mr. Clean eraser. Get it wet and rub the handle. It works great. Also before go MD’ing I wrap the handle with the new sticky plastic wrap. So when I’m done I just peel it off. I have also used the plastic wrap on my Sunray x-1 pin pointer. Let me know if it works for you. Scott
 
I'll have to try that Mr. Clean. However, I just wrap my foam handle with that sticky tape they use on tennis racket handles.
 
I appreciate the eraser suggestion and information. But I can't stand anything sticky against my hand. I go nuts if I get syrup on my fingers eating pancakes! I would like to see the handles covered with that type of plastic you find on wrestling mats. It's soft but isn't sticky and you can just wipe it off with a damp rag. Oh well, time will tell. I'm sure one of our manufacturers will come up with something easier to clean and/or replace. Monty
 
Try a Wilson tennis racket grip wrap. It wraps around the handle and cleans up with just a wet rag. Costs about 4 bucks. Well worth it.

It is more comfortable than a standard factory grip and make cleanup a snap.
 
I just used good ole dishsoap,, hot soapy water in sink, and a wash cloth. , squeeze dry with towel, no worries mate
 
Clean my rubber hand grip? Why?

When I'm done, I clean my hands. When I'm starting out again, well... my hands are gonna get dirty anyways!

Somehow I feel it would be just like cutting Sampson's hair. Don't mess with my mojo! :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom