Clinton, Iowa Soda Bottle - What an easy profit

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I stopped by an antique dealer today, and bought a Clinton Iowa Alren and Ingwersen Bottle for $8.00, attached lip, assuming pre 20's?. Anyway, I decided I wanted to stop at a pawn shop and get a deal on a peace dollar, and thought, "Why don't I try to flip this bottle and make a few bucks" I mean the pawn shop was literally two blocks down. I go in, the lady has a customer I walk around and see the same bottle priced for $6. Except it had a chip at the bottom, barely noticable. I talk to the lady, she said she told her self she would never buy another, but asked how much I want for it and I said $50. She said she couldn't do that, I said what could you do. She said $30. I said Sold. Well I still had that other bottle, the same one with a chip, and once she gave me the money, I said I want to buy this. She said "This is the same bottle". I said yea, but I like the darker color (only thing I could think of lol). She sold it to me for $5 and I was out the door. Well I gave my dad $5 for going with me $5 for the same bottle (With a chip) minus the cost of the original bottle, I got a $12 profit. So I go down a few more blocks to another antique mall. The dealer of the certain booth happened to be in there, and I was able to talk her down to $10 from $20 for a Blob top hutchinson Clinton Iowa Arlen and SON Bottle. So I got two great old bottles for free, and made $2. So when im leaving the owner is like so you collect bottles, and I said "yea and coins, coca cola, anything old and cool". She asked if I wanted to see something, and of course I said sure. She brought out 10 Arlen and Ingwerson Clinton Iowa Bottles and 2 Iowa bottling Co Clinton Iowa Bottles, for a total of 12 bottles. Asked me what I would give for them. I said $15, and she said thats fine. Now only if that pawn shop would be interested in more, but after I bought the same bottle for less than she gave me AT HER SHOP im sure she wont be EVER buying these bottles again. Oh Well, she marked her price! Any similar situaitons? Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread