Clock On Detector

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys.....just wondering if any has added a clock to there detectors?

I have the Garrett AT Gold and it bascially has everything i wanted except, a clock.....i mean i know i could look at my wrist or pull my phone out but it would be really nice to have a watch on the display.

Just wondering if anyone else has modified their detectors to add maybe some type of stick on clock?

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys.....just wondering if any has added a clock to there detectors?

I have the Garrett AT Gold and it bascially has everything i wanted except, a clock.....i mean i know i could look at my wrist or pull my phone out but it would be really nice to have a watch on the display.

Just wondering if anyone else has modified their detectors to add maybe some type of stick on clock?
Sure did but I did not replace the cheapo velcro and yesterday I realize I had lost it! :-(
If it does not turn up in the car or basement I guess I will need to order another.. This a little more than an inch across and has virtually no weight.. if you find something smaller let me know please
Custom® Stick-On Round Digital Clock (72226) - Auto Clocks, Compasses & Thermometers - Ace Hardware

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umm. Because i dont have a CTX lol

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get ya one of these to tack on..lol

metal_detector_pull_tabs_treasure_hunter_dirt_fish_clock-r0d6563ab1fdd482bbba606d309cd7016_fup13_8byvr_512.jpg

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But i could wear it around my neck

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So really. All anyone has done is stuck a clock on? That works just thought there would be other ideas lol

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't really have a place on my detector - and why tie up a watch for just one use?

What I do use occasionally is a clip-on watch/alarm/digital compass that I use when I don't want a wristwatch. Might be something to consider. This is similar to mine (I don't have an altimeter/barometer on mine and paid about $60 less than this one) but it looks very similar.

High-Gear-Altitech-2_F7316DDE.jpg

Keeps great time, works as a travel alarm (the clip lays back to make a stand) and the compass is occasionally handy. Clip one on your belt loop or detector.

OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea! Never thought of that. I'll look into those. I like the compass part.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time does tend to fly when detecting and I have come to appreciate having a clock on the CTX. Lots of times I have my watch covered with long sleeves so I can just glance at the screen for the time so I can be home when I told the wife I would be. It is just another of the many features I love on the CTX. Happy wife, happy life.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Millz90

Sep 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah i cant believe the at gold doesn't have one. Not cool.

I havent had time to really look yet but i think im just going to get one that sticks on the front

Fourman110

Jun 22, 2013
Cedar Rapids IA area
Detector(s) used
Manticore
AT Pro
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a small stick on clock on each of my metal detectors. I've been looking up "stick on clock" on auction sites and picking one smaller than the extensions below the arm cuff. I've tried Velcro and even the Velcro like Command adhesive strips but I kept knocking things off. So far the regular Command strips seem to work best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread