What's new

Clovis point ??

Rejean

Greenie
Joined
Feb 13, 2016
Messages
18
Reaction score
57
Golden Thread
0
Location
Montreal
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this point near Double Adobe, Arizona. (North of Douglas, Arizona)
Is it a Clovis point ?
Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    119.5 KB · Views: 161
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    116.4 KB · Views: 168
Upvote 0
It's dang beautiful that's for sure.
 
I am no kind of expert, but my guess is possibly plainview. Very beautiful point!
 
Beautiful material, excellent flaking, and just a fantastic Point. But I don't think it's a Clovis. It's not fluted and doesn't appear to have any thinning strikes unless I just can't see them. Most likely a Late Paleo/Early Archaic transitional type. Possibly a Bat Cave type.

Bat Cave Projectile Point
 
Yeah that is a beautiful point Congrats!
 
Beautiful material, excellent flaking, and just a fantastic Point. But I don't think it's a Clovis. It's not fluted and doesn't appear to have any thinning strikes unless I just can't see them. Most likely a Late Paleo/Early Archaic transitional type. Possibly a Bat Cave type.

Bat Cave Projectile Point

I think you're right The Grim Reaper, looks like a Bat Cave point, as they're found in Arizona. I found it in Arizona (Double Adobe) this winter. I go there in the winter to my trailer to escape Canadian winter...
 
Nice find Rejean, unique colors and pattern! Hey just curious, how much do you like your Mojave?
 
Last edited:
other Native American artifacts that i find on my land in AZ
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    137.9 KB · Views: 126
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    87.3 KB · Views: 119
Awesome pieces Rejean. Those are some fantastic Manos and Metates.
 
bill_wabo, i love the Mojave... Better than the Compadre
 
Awesome pieces Rejean. Those are some fantastic Manos and Metates.

Ya, i've got quite a collection of Native American artifacts. I'll post others photos of them in another thread tomorrow.
 
Sweet!
HH
dts
 
Rejean, that is one of the coolest points I've ever seen. Looks you are in a really cool (hot) spot out there.
 
Very colorful point you found.
 
other Native American artifacts that i find on my land in AZ

Very nice Manos and Metates. Can you give a little more info them? Thanks
 
The flat metates are from 100 BC to 3,000 BC They call them Archaic Cochise Culture in Southern Arizona. The big metates are from 100 AD to 1400 AD Fom the Hohokam in Southern Arizona.
 
Thanks Rejean for the answer, looking forward to see more of your posts and HH!
 
Thanks Rejean for the answer, looking forward to see more of your posts and HH!

bill_wabo, go look at my other post called: Artifacts collection
You'll like it...
HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom