CLUES TO THE LOST DUTCMAN MINE

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When Erwin Ruth told the clue " Mine is on a little knob about 50 feet high at the very end of a peninsula. On this hill is a pile of rocksabout 10 feet away from the opening " (Erwin Ruth to Richard Peck) , he was talking about what his father was looking for ?
If so , then here is a new twist in the LDM and Adolph Ruth saga . From what I know , this mine is a rich gold mine but not the LDM .
Is one of the richest Peralta's gold mines in the Superstitions .

This is the map in which is depicted the " knob " ( in circle ) from Erwin Ruth clue . This map is very hard to decrypt . If someone wouldn't know where the " knob " is , wouldn't understand the concept of this map . I hope one day , the circumstances to allow me to describe and analize this map for you .

the knob.GIF

Last edited:

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lets try one of the few Facts on the LDM. He went to the trading post in Queen Creek for supplies. So why would he come out of the Supes at the First Water trail head and go all the way across the bottom of the Supes to go there instead of going to Phoenix? The only thing that makes sense is that he came out at the Peralta Trail head to drop south to Queen Creek. Start from there and then figure out where he would go. IMO
All the other "Clues" are just undocumented statements made by Waltz(?), he said, they said or others to confuse the site of his "Mine". Again IMO

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Au

Waltz used to enter and come out the mountains from different directions . So , when he would entered from the north , he would came out from the south , and vice versa .
Now , why he chose to go Florence for supplies instead Phoenix , I believe because Florence was the closest way for a pack animal from his mine .

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They said that it took him 3 days to go there and get supplies and get his animals tended to. So I'm guessing 1 long days ride ought to put you close. How many MPH can an old man riding a horse and pulling a mule go? If that is what he had.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stroker

IMO , it would took 4-5 days if he was pulling the mule . But , if we have to take in consideration how going to get supplies he could ride the mule because the mule was free pack , then it would take him two days to go and 4-5 days to come back to the mine .
If the clue is correct and it took for him ( because his advanced age ) 3 days to go free pack , then it would took 10 days round trip going for supplies at Florence.

Last edited:
OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 days total there and back, Coffee Flat area looks like a logical deduction.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 days total there and back, Coffee Flat area looks like a logical deduction.

In the most stories ( if not in all ) , he went about one week round trip when found Wiser dead or vanished .

OP
OP
393stroker

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was 3 days

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Queen Creek is closer than Florence to the Bottom of the Supes. 17 miles to Florence from Florence Junction. Now there is no running creeks that run to Florence until you reach the Gila River. But to Queen Creek, yes. Just curious, who said he went to Florence for supplies? I lived in Florence for H.S. 1960-1964 and never heard of Waltz having come to Florence for supplies. When I got out of the service in 1968, still never heard anything about Waltz and Florence. Just asking. In that area you follow the water or springs for trips as with a pack animal and horse you can only pack so much water. By horse 15 miles a day is not a hardship in almost flat lands, not mountains.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oeo blanca de Tayopa: first my coffee, I need it. You may not actually believe it, but I agree with you 100%, Tayopa is Tayopa and the Spanish mine is just that. But I have gotten a few into thinking out of the "box" as they say.

Start by eliminating one clue at a time, or simply modifying it Eventually you should have success. Having had to do that with my mine, I know just how hard it is to do, but it may be necessary. The prize is worth it.

Also remember, you posted " you have to go up, then down to get to my mine" which roughly simply indicates that it is at the bottom of the upper cliff of double cliff system. Yer Welcome, however if not clear, ask me..

Don Jose de La Mancha ( el unrepentant one)

you have to go up, then down to get to my mine" which roughly simply indicates that it is at the bottom of the upper cliff of double cliff system

Your right on that. There is one of the mines on the h/p that is in a place like that the one behind the horse ear.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or could means , up one side of the mountain and down the other side .

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On flat ground, easy trail at a walk a horse travels 5 miles per hour. On rough and rocky steep terrain a lot slower.

ink

Mar 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha Ha keep it going friends you are or could be responsible for the numerous deaths that occur in the land of the little indians just saying

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Storm says Dutchman said he could see persons on the Military trail,but they could not see him, which may indicate their is a Trick in the M.trail. That said ,the trick would have to be large enough to acommidate a Man and his mule.
Lore says he was followed many times,yet managed to still vanish without a trace...It is my opinion the LDM has been found years ago,2 many persons been searching,and 2 many unexplained deaths attributed to it.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Storm says Dutchman said he could see persons on the Military trail,but they could not see him, which may indicate their is a Trick in the M.trail. That said ,the trick would have to be large enough to acommidate a Man and his mule.
Lore says he was followed many times,yet managed to still vanish without a trace...It is my opinion the LDM has been found years ago,2 many persons been searching,and 2 many unexplained deaths attributed to it.
i knew a guy that knew barry storm...he told me not to believe a word he wrote......its pretty much common knowledge that b.s. was full of crap....just look at his initials lol

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Through the years the clues have gotten so corrupted that people are turning to Edgar Cayce clues, UNBELIEVABLE.

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Storm is not here to defend himself,but even B.S. has to be proven to some degree,and who to be a better judge than B.S. himself.In my edition of T.G.G., he talks about writeing letters to various players/searchers in the L.D.M saga,haveing dinners with these persons, storys of his searches in the mountains along with photos. B.S. ,some maybe,and some truths also.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread