What's new

CN button

Marty-Graw

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2006
Messages
895
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
bought a bag of buttons today at the flea market and found this in the mix.......I would appreciate any info you may have on this........front is just like the CSN buttons but only has the CN....I have seen a few of the cuff size buttons in my research but so far haven't came acroos a coat size.....back says "COURTNEY & TENNENT CHARLESTON S.C." thanks in advance
 

Attachments

  • CN Button 001.webp
    CN Button 001.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 500
  • CN Button 002.webp
    CN Button 002.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 491
  • CN Button 001.webp
    CN Button 001.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 463
  • CN Button 002.webp
    CN Button 002.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 482
Is the shank soldered or is it floppy? How much did you pay?
 
Upvote 0
shank is tight but not soldered.......paid $5 for the bag full of buttons......also found a union marine button with scovill back mark
 
Upvote 0
Marty-Graw said:
shank is tight but not soldered.......paid $5 for the bag full of buttons......also found a union marine button with scovill back mark
I would have bought it for that price but I dont know with a shank like that. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
shank pic
 

Attachments

  • CN Button 004.webp
    CN Button 004.webp
    10.4 KB · Views: 442
Upvote 0
My link shows unsoldered shanks made in England but I really dont know..

You would think if it was a rip off the seller would ask for a hundred bucks. At $5, tells me the seller probably had no idea what he had.
 

Attachments

  • button shank.webp
    button shank.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 534
Upvote 0
yeah it was just a ziplock full of buttons with several us military buttons and some foreign military buttons

here is a pic of the marines button
 

Attachments

  • CN Button 005.webp
    CN Button 005.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0
I love flea markets and yard sales but the smarter sellers are selling on eBay. :'( :'( :'( Even if they dont know what they have, they can still get good auction value if listed properly.
 
Upvote 0
Nice CN button Marty-Graw :icon_thumright:

bigcypresshunter said:
My link shows unsoldered shanks made in England but I really dont know..

You would think if it was a rip off the seller would ask for a hundred bucks. At $5, tells me the seller probably had no idea what he had.

Made in England by Robert Mole and Sons, Birmingham. Courtney and Tennant were importers:

http://www.civilwarartillery.com/confederate_manufactures.htm
 
Upvote 0
right...that's where this one is going if I can get a pretty good ID......I am pretty sure of what it is I just mainly need clarification that it is authentic
 
Upvote 0
thx IronSpike, I am pretty excited about it. I think i might have seen that link earlier
 
Upvote 0
Can a flea market find make banner?

I say post the story with pictures in Todays Finds.
 
Upvote 0
thats a good idea......not for the banner suggestion but for more sets of eyeballs and opinions......i want to thank everyone for their input
 
Upvote 0
I'm sorry to say your button is a repro. I think it was in the 1960's that 4 different types of CS navy buttons were reproduced. These buttons could be found everywhere. You can tell it's a repro by the dull detail, the shape of the button, the backmark and shank. The still have a bit of value. I've sold them, as repros, on ebay and they have gone for about $10 each.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom