Co-workers house gives up 84 coins, 3 silvers

walleye22

Feb 10, 2004
NC Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites
A co-worker of mine has been trying to get me to detect his yard and I finally gave in. It isn't that old, built in the 1940's, so I wasn't overly excited to go there. My hunt did turn out to be quite a lot of fun. He has about 3/4 of an acre and on that lot I found 84 coins including 20 memorial cents, 40 wheat cents, 2 canadian cents, 1 nickel, 9 clad dimes, 9 clad quarters, and I even struck silver with two silver roosevelt dimes and a 1941 washington. There were very few "junk" targets in this yard. It was a nice change of pace. Almost every target was a coin. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!!

Attachments

• coworker 001.jpg
    coworker 001.jpg
    703.1 KB · Views: 616
Upvote 0

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
Man that turned out to be a great spot.. bet you are glad you gave in and detected it.
That is a pile of wheat pennies you found.
I tried a yard a few years ago that dated back to around 1940 and found three silver coins including an 1861 half dollar!!!
I also found a civil ware bullet in there, so I don't concern myself with trying to find really old spots as long as it dates back to the silver age and who knows what went on there before that.
Congradulations,
Felix

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds/looks like a great time.Your just gettin more time on your machine/learnig what its tellin ya and great finds to boot.I wouldve had fun there. MDing is my "quiet time", earphones on and MDing, no blah,blah blah. Its good quist time. Cool digs there buddy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions