Cob ID needed

bigkid4

Oct 23, 2006
I’m in North Carolina and all my books are in Florida so I need a little help on this one. We went relic hunting yesterday and my relic hunting partner dug this well worn cob. Looks to me like the Mexican mint but I can’t figure out the initials and I need a date range. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• gtcob.JPG
    gtcob.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 339
  • gtcob2.JPG
    gtcob2.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 352

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
I agree with Mac on Felipe V. 1733 would be the last date for a true cob from Mexico, which it appears to be. 1/2 reale denomination.

Bigkid4, I still go back and look at your Jupiter coins often. Those are awesome. Enough to make even Captain Dom's divers jealous!

Stan

OP
OP
B

bigkid4

Oct 23, 2006
Thanks for the ID Don and Stan. I guess I should have known that one but it just didn’t look right to me and I didn’t have the books to check against the other monograms. Thanks Stan I was very lucky to be in the right place at the right time and kept my mouth shut for a change.
Gary

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I am one of Dom's divers and am not jealous at all. ;D I am happy for anyone who finds treasure.

Gary has been very helpful to me in the past as far as sharing information about Jupiter and Juno Beach. :thumbsup:

(I am still waiting for pictures of the coins found at Juno Beach btw)

Tom

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Ha! Tom, like you really wouldn't be jealous if you busted ass all day with only a ballast stone and maybe a pottery shard to show and Gary walks up from the beach with a handful of high grade transition coins....Come on :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread