What's new

cob or silver plate piece?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.. I found this a little while back just getting around to posting it and cleaning it.
I know its silver but that's about as much as I know at the moment... Figured I would post before and after photos
 
Upvote 0
ForumRunner_20131127_135449.webp



ForumRunner_20131127_135507.webp
 
If you are sure it's silver, it would seem to me to be a piece of a cob. Hard to tell with the photo. HH, Beach Papa
 
Love that old silver

ForumRunner_20131127_200210.webp
 
Does kinda look like a cut cob. Congrats!
 
Thank you it came off a beach adjacent to a 1715 fleet wreck where I have found other cob coins in date range from the late 1600s to the early 17 hundreds I'm not so sure its cut odd shapes are nothing new for these shipwreck cobs.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom