What's new

Cofedertae & Early 1800 Buttons

kshimes1

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
49
Reaction score
179
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Confederate & Early 1800 Buttons

Hunting With my At Pro. Had some good luck last couple of weekends. I cant find any info on the 2 navy buttons.
 

Attachments

  • 20151011_232834.webp
    20151011_232834.webp
    142.1 KB · Views: 367
  • 20151012_181423.webp
    20151012_181423.webp
    593 KB · Views: 508
  • 20151206_203522.webp
    20151206_203522.webp
    638.2 KB · Views: 497
Upvote 78
That's awesome! Those navy buttons are war of 1812
 
Wow!! That's some great buttons. What part of the country are you hunting in?

HH, Relic Nut
 
Thanks Im hunting Georgia & South Carolina Area
 
Some really nice buttons! Really like that SC button but they are all great finds! Congrats.
 
The quality is insane. :notworthy:
 
Incredible buttons kshimes. Those are some of the best dug buttons I've seen. They don't get much better than that. Well done man.
 
Very nice great condition
 
Thanks! I thought maybe they were 1812.
 
Those are killer buttons in amazing condition! :icon_thumright:
 
Friend of mine found 6 war of 1812 buttons at the same site. Going back this weekend. i know there is something awesome there. Maybe my first gold coin.
 
OK, (1) Welcome to Tnet. (2) Never EVER seen somebody post a beautiful blown up pic of an eagle button, but he just throws a script I, a Georgia and a South Carolina (All gorgeous) in a group of four and takes a snapshot. (Not to mention those very old Navys and Artillerys) (3) You "know there is something awesome there"????? Good GRIEF man! What do you need to find to call it awesome?! You already TOOK three (or more) "awesomes" out of there! (4) If you're an experienced old hand at this, congrats! If you're new to this . . . I detest you. (Not really, but jealous as heck!)
 
Those buttons are stunning.
 
Thanks Parsonwalker! I think these button are awesome. But to be honest i was more excited to find that large cent. I been detecting over 20 yrs. and i never found these types buttons before. When i found the script I button i told a friend that was with me and said i found a button with some sort of F on it. He was freaking out about it. I almost gave it to him. I found the other 3 that same day same area. I mainly detect the beaches and parks until recently. We going back this weekend so hopefully i'll have more to show.
 
I think I did a bad thing. I cleaned them20151211_172849-1.webp20151211_173051-1.webp
 
Buttons found last couple of months
20151211_181701-1.webp
 
Man those are some fine buttons! Savannah an Charleston have the history and the soil to produce buttons like that!
 
Typically, its fine to clean those as long as you leave the patina and the patina on those look great. One of our members, BuckleBoy, wrote an awesome post on cleaning different types of buttons. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/cleaning-preservation/89045-how-clean-buttons.html He explains everything really well in there. The ones with gilt left always have the biggest transformation. I use a lot of his techniques based on the condition of the buttons I dig... some I leave alone and others I clean some. I've never dug buttons as incredible as yours. Once again, well done man!
 
WOW!!.....You may never go back to the beaches and parks.....I can't wait to see what you find this weekend.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom