What's new

coil size for beach in water use

baron otto

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
haines city fl
Detector(s) used
f5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking at the CV 21 for a beach unit but was wandering what would be the best water hunting coil the 8" or the 10" what kind of differences are there I'm new to water hunting and was looking for some experienced advise.???
 
I have the ten inch as it covers more area per sweep and it goes deeper.
 
I had a cz20 (same thing as a cz21) for 16 yrs and used the 10" on mine also.

As sandman stated - you get more depth and more ground coverage and in the water - those are 2 things you really want/need as it takes longer to sweep the coil in water (due to the resistance of the water) so you want to cover as much ground as fast as you can (and) it's obvious that you'd want as much depth as possible as coins/rings/etc. sink much faster and deeper in the sand/water than on land.

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom