What's new

coin allergy

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Went to one of my dumpbanks today put 400 rolled on the counter and the teller jumped back like a vampire seeing a cross. She said that she was allergic to coins. She was very serious and apparently frightened. So the other teller completed the transaction.
This particular bank has the worlds most miserable tellers. I'd love to drop 80,000 halves off there(if I had them) but they only accept rolled.

Imagine that allergic to coins and working in the bank !
 
Upvote 0
you gotta be kidding me.....they need to let her go...thats like being allergic to animals and working at the zoo...how can she do her job when 90% of the transactions deal with change :icon_scratch:
 
That's is crazy!!!! But if they fire her then the bank can be accused of being coin-judice. :tongue3:
 
I say you give us the address and everyone dump their coins at this bank! haha
 
That is completely ridiculous, how can she work at a bank with a "coin allergy". LOL
 
LOL!! That's too funny!
 
I guess she forgot to put that on her resume. Too funny.
 
tell her your giving her 10 full boxes of halves for a gift :-*(she has to load them in her car) :tard: and see if her allergy is cured :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I am deathly allergic to skunks....skunk boxes that is. :icon_jokercolor:

-Golden Silver
 
I guess everytime she goes shopping or to a fast food joint she tells them to keep the change. I think it's a scam to get out of doing something she doesn't like to do at work.
 
mistergee said:
..thats like being allergic to animals and working at the zoo...how can she do her job when 90% of the transactions deal with change :icon_scratch:
My daughter is allergic to cats, she also want to be a vet and she volunteers at a pet clinic.

Now in my case I know I am allergic to copper cents. When have a bunch I want to clean up I put them in my tumbler with aquarium gravel, later I pour them in a bowl to rinse them and separate from the gravel. I can tumble a few hundred at a time. By the time i have finished pulling out the coppers by hand I feel sick. I wash my hands and in a little bit I am fine. I am pretty sure it is the copper sulfate in the water being absorbed through my hands. :-\
 
There are lots of females who are allergic to Nickel. They are also allergic to some jeweries that contains Nickel (Gold Nickel alloy).

Five-cent is made of pure Nickel. Dime, quater, half, and dollar coins all contain Nickel.

She should be ok to handle silver coins. But we don't want her to, do we?
 
My mother had metal allergies, but she could handle coins all day. I remember her telling me she had to have her wedding ring cut off her finger because it swelled up so bad. One time she went to a wedding and wore clip-on earrings for about an hour; the next day her ear lobes looked like someone was using them for target practice. Cortisone finally did the trick, about 3 weeks later.
 
That microscopic coin dust is some nasty stuff. Never ever get it in your eyes!
 
silver coin dust once you breathe it or get it in your eyes or god forbid your mouth you are in trouble. You start dreaming of dream rolls while your sleeping. I mean seriously you will be counting sheep and then lady liberty comes running across you imagination. You start searching rolls at an alarming rate perhaps while driving. Suddenly a line of 3 people at the bank where you pick up your coin might as well be the lines at Walt Disney world. Oh that coin dust.... once you crack open that first old dusty roll of silver there is no hope for the novice coin roll hunter he has been initiated and now is an addict.

-Golden Silver
 
golden silver said:
silver coin dust once you breathe it or get it in your eyes or god forbid your mouth you are in trouble. You start dreaming of dream rolls while your sleeping. I mean seriously you will be counting sheep and then lady liberty comes running across you imagination. You start searching rolls at an alarming rate perhaps while driving. Suddenly a line of 3 people at the bank where you pick up your coin might as well be the lines at Walt Disney world. Oh that coin dust.... once you crack open that first old dusty roll of silver there is no hope for the novice coin roll hunter he has been initiated and now is an addict.

-Golden Silver

LOL :tongue3:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom