What's new

COIN BIRD*****************

Frankn

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
8,779
Reaction score
2,989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I know there are a lot of coin guys on here, so here goes. About 10+ years ago I went to a yard sale at a farm. There was an app. 1' wood disk with the image of ,I think, an eagle which was made of COINS that were apparently glued to the disc. The price seamed high for a yard sale so no one was interested. I went up to the gal and offered her the face value of the coins and she accepted. I stuck it in my storage area in the "attic". I just remembered it while watching that house wrecking show. Some time today I am goine to bite the bullet and find it . I will then take a picture of it and put it on this post. What I was wondering is should I try to sell it as is or remove the coins and sell them. Any Ideas? Frank

coins-eagle.webpcoins-eagle legs.webpcoins- eagle dollar.webpPictures added
These were some quick shots taken on my cleanup table. I took a quick scan of the dates on the pennies. oldest is 1930, newest is 1979. One just had 19 . all are copper some '44 '45 .
I didn't hit the dimes yet, but the date on the back of the display is 1980, so they are all older than that. Don't know the peace dollar date. They appear to be attached by rubber cement.
 
Last edited:
We'd have to know what kind of coins before offerin any suggestions.
 
I know there are a lot of coin guys on here, so here goes. About 10+ years ago I went to a yard sale at a farm. There was an app. 1' wood disk with the image of ,I think, an eagle which was made of COINS that were apparently glued to the disc. The price seamed high for a yard sale so no one was interested. I went up to the gal and offered her the face value of the coins and she accepted. I stuck it in my storage area in the "attic". I just remembered it while watching that house wrecking show. Some time today I am goine to bite the bullet and find it . I will then take a picture of it and put it on this post. What I was wondering is should I try to sell it as is or remove the coins and sell them. Any Ideas? Frank

View attachment 750358View attachment 750359View attachment 750360Pictures added
These were some quick shots taken on my cleanup table. I took a quick scan of the dates on the pennies. oldest is 1930, newest is 1979. One just had 19 . all are copper some '44 '45 .
I didn't hit the dimes yet, but the date on the back of the display is 1980, so they are all older than that. Don't know the peace dollar date. They appear to be attached by rubber cement.

Pictures added.
 
Thats pretty cool. Id have it hanging in my den. Looks like a great conversation peace.
 
hi frankn----the one dollar coin you have pictured is not a peace dollar, pretty sure its a ike----i'd leave it as is, it looks neat
 
Last edited:
Well, thanks for the advice. I am going to go along with the flow. Will keep it as is except for a cleanup. Looked for a '43 copper penny , but no luck lol Frank

111-1 profile.webp
 
It is more or less folk art. A good candidate for the flea market. People love unusual stuff like that.
 
I'd keep it as is, looks great, I'd give ya $5 for it. . . :laughing7:

nice piece to hang on the office wall!

HH
PTP
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom