What's new

Coin boxes

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2011
Messages
8,188
Reaction score
1,634
Golden Thread
0
Location
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is the option you chose above the coin you like to CRH?

Type of box:
Reason:
 
Upvote 0
I guess I am saying this is because I just started this hobbie and I have done the halfs and dimes so far. I have found plenty of 40% and I have been shunk on the dimes every time I have gotten them. So I been sticking with the halfs for now......Matt
 
I tried dimes once. I like to check the dates and look for errors. Dimes are just too small for my (getting) old eyes.

Halves are nice and large and easy to see.
 
So far I've done 2 boxes of half dollars and 2 boxes of dimes. (several boxes of pennies and nickels)

Never had a skunk on pennies, I do not pick out coppers.
Pennies ranged from 8-48 wheats per box

Skunked 1 in about 15 boxes. each box had at least 1 buffalo nickel or 1 war nickel per box.
One roll had a 1936 buffalo and a 1945-P war nickel in one single roll (best box, produced 2 war nickels 3 buffalo nickels, 2 of which had no date)
Never got 1950D 1939D 1939S 1938D or 1938S (still looking!)

Dimes:
Box1:SKUNK
Box2: 1947p, 1963p (only saw the 1947 edge hunting, 63p i somehow missed)

Half dollars:
Box1:
1964p
1966
1967
1968d
1968d
1968d
1969d

Box2:
SKUNK
 
i like halves because of the obvious plentiful amounts of silver, but also because there are such random, kind of fun things you can find along the way that make them fun...examples: proofs, nifc's, magic trick coins, gold plated, commems, and really cool foreign coins. so, thats y i voted halves...hope it helps! keep it up and hh!
 
I actually like them all..I try and even out when searching...Halves obvisouly have the best return...But pennies always have a return :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom