Coin Collection

rdawg14

Aug 13, 2012
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my coin collection. Nothing Special, hopefully I will be soon getting a metal detector and adding to this collection.

photo (16).JPG photo (15).JPG photo (14).JPG

Henry2

May 27, 2011
Be careful buying those Chinese coins on top, NY got flooded with fakes and many people try to pass them off as real. Its funny you have a repro George 3rd, my oldest coin to date from metal detecting was a George 3rd dating 1776, I come to find out that the coin is from the period but it was also a counterfeit they made back then:tongue3:

OP
OP
R

rdawg14

Aug 13, 2012
NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful buying those Chinese coins on top, NY got flooded with fakes and many people try to pass them off as real. Its funny you have a repro George 3rd, my oldest coin to date from metal detecting was a George 3rd dating 1776, I come to find out that the coin is from the period but it was also a counterfeit they made back then:tongue3:

Thats funny because someone else just told me the same thing about the chinese coins haha. I bought them really cheap when I was younger, so I'm not to worried about it but honestly I really lost interest in chinese coins now. Thats a bummer that it was a counterfeit. I have come across quite a few copys as well. Luckily when I bought them I was young and didnt care what they were just looked for super cheap coins at garage sales. Now if i buy coins i actually do reasearch on them haha...Hoping to get a metal detector soon, sounds like a lot of fun =) happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions