- Joined
- Oct 26, 2004
- Messages
- 25,995
- Reaction score
- 28,637
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Explorer
- Primary Interest:
- Shipwrecks
Deep,
I remember two such events. One guy was trying to get his kid involved in stamps and simply asked for donated stamps. Apparently, you and I sent him some. Another guy wanted stamps for some presentation. He was traveling from San Diego to LA and I had him stop off at a Denny's on his route, gave him a selection of stamps, a catalogue, hinges, mag. glass and tongs. Never heard from either again. Hopefully, the stamps went to the intended person who is now a stamp collector; or who, at least now knows the advantages of stamp collecting.
Don...
I remember two such events. One guy was trying to get his kid involved in stamps and simply asked for donated stamps. Apparently, you and I sent him some. Another guy wanted stamps for some presentation. He was traveling from San Diego to LA and I had him stop off at a Denny's on his route, gave him a selection of stamps, a catalogue, hinges, mag. glass and tongs. Never heard from either again. Hopefully, the stamps went to the intended person who is now a stamp collector; or who, at least now knows the advantages of stamp collecting.
Don...







