What's new

Coin counter headaches

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Dumped a $500 bag of loose dimes yesterday. Receipt showed $472, and 33 dimes counted as cents. In the reject bin was about 35 canadian slugs, (normal). Teller said they would credit my account for $3.30. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
So, I was shorted close to $22 on a bag of dimes.
I enjoy searching dimes, but this is getting ridiculous! ffd
 
Upvote 0
fistfulladirt said:
Dumped a $500 bag of loose dimes yesterday. Receipt showed $472, and 33 dimes counted as cents. In the reject bin was about 35 canadian slugs, (normal). Teller said they would credit my account for $3.30. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
So, I was shorted close to $22 on a bag of dimes.
I enjoy searching dimes, but this is getting ridiculous! ffd

OUCH! I worry about that everytime I dump coins too..that sucks
 
Try dumping fifty or so dollars in halves immediately after you've dumped the smaller denominations. In the counters I run across, the larger halves seem to knock loose any stubborn smaller coin that may have gotten hung up inside.

Sometimes, after dumping only halves, it seems to have dislodged smaller denominations that weren't even mine. 8)
 
thurmownator said:
Try dumping fifty or so dollars in halves immediately after you've dumped the smaller denominations. In the counters I run across, the larger halves seem to knock loose any stubborn smaller coin that may have gotten hung up inside.

Sometimes, after dumping only halves, it seems to have dislodged smaller denominations that weren't even mine. 8)

Good idea!

That happened to me once too. About $700 in halves ran through the machine netted me about $770. I was honest about it, but the bank insisted on paying me anyway as they had no way of knowing who (or how many people for that matter) that the machine had shorted.
 
I always make sure to know how much I go in with just in case. For example if a dime box yields 5 keepers, I will write $249.50 on the top before I tape it back up.

I also get bonuses when running only halves. 1250 turned into 1261 last saturday. Somedays its up a few coins others its down.
 
HAHA !!

Sorry, I could not resist !!

Keep @ it and HH !! :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • NelsonHAHA.webp
    NelsonHAHA.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 281
Felixaaron said:
I always make sure to know how much I go in with just in case. For example if a dime box yields 5 keepers, I will write $249.50 on the top before I tape it back up.

I also get bonuses when running only halves. 1250 turned into 1261 last saturday. Somedays its up a few coins others its down.
You must be new at this. I make sure that I have a haphazzard amount every time I dump. Makes things much easier. I'm also a sarcastic SOB.
 
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
HAHA !!

Sorry, I could not resist !!

Keep @ it and HH !! :laughing7:
Mud.......you and I have a lot in common.
 
thurmownator said:
Try dumping fifty or so dollars in halves immediately after you've dumped the smaller denominations. In the counters I run across, the larger halves seem to knock loose any stubborn smaller coin that may have gotten hung up inside.

Sometimes, after dumping only halves, it seems to have dislodged smaller denominations that weren't even mine. 8)
Thanks Thurm! Best tip I've seen on here in awhile. I forgot to mention, my $500 bag of dimes spilled out on the driver side of my vehicle.....when I opened the door, about 100 bucks worth fell out onto the ice.....warm dimes and ice don't mix. Had to chisel out half of 'em....probably a little wet when I ran them thru the counter. ffd
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom