ticm Silver Member Joined Sep 5, 2007 Messages 3,243 Reaction score 792 Golden Thread 0 Location New Jersey Detector(s) used Whites V3i and DFX Apr 21, 2012 #1 Found this while cleaning up a old shed. Never saw one like it. Does anyone know what it is? Thank You Attachments IMG_0204.webp 21.5 KB · Views: 84 IMG_0203.webp 19.3 KB · Views: 80
Found this while cleaning up a old shed. Never saw one like it. Does anyone know what it is? Thank You
Bramblefind Silver Member Joined Nov 26, 2009 Messages 2,966 Reaction score 4,024 Golden Thread 0 Location New York Detector(s) used T2/F75 SE Apr 21, 2012 #2 It's likely an 1830s -ish Brazil 40 Reis - counterstamped on an 80 Reis. They are relatively common but I like them a lot and it is a great find! Congrats Here's an example: 1830 BRAZIL 40 Reis COUNTERSTAMPED on PEDRO I 80 Reis SCARCE Old Coin NEAT! | eBay As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Upvote 0
It's likely an 1830s -ish Brazil 40 Reis - counterstamped on an 80 Reis. They are relatively common but I like them a lot and it is a great find! Congrats Here's an example: 1830 BRAZIL 40 Reis COUNTERSTAMPED on PEDRO I 80 Reis SCARCE Old Coin NEAT! | eBay
ticm Silver Member Joined Sep 5, 2007 Messages 3,243 Reaction score 792 Golden Thread 0 Location New Jersey Detector(s) used Whites V3i and DFX Apr 21, 2012 Thread Owner #3 Thank you very much. Upvote 0