What's new

Coin or Token?

teak

Full Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
193
Reaction score
74
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or none of the above? Found in a field with other old coins and relics, also shot gun shells, lots of those...has a hole in the middle, words, "T A L Light" dates Sept 24 1871-1872. Sounds like a penny when dropped. Back side is blank. Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • token 006.webp
    token 006.webp
    12 KB · Views: 249
  • token 006.webp
    token 006.webp
    12 KB · Views: 251
  • token 006.webp
    token 006.webp
    12 KB · Views: 247
  • token 003.webp
    token 003.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 251
  • token 004.webp
    token 004.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 235
Knob from an oil lamp or lantern. I find a lot of these at old homesites. Rub the front with a toothpick, then your thumb and you should be able to read it a little better. Google the name on it and you will find the maker. :thumbsup:

Good Luck
Randy
 
Upvote 0
RPG said:
Knob from an oil lamp or lantern. I find a lot of these at old homesites. Rub the front with a toothpick, then your thumb and you should be able to read it a little better. Google the name on it and you will find the maker. :thumbsup:

Good Luck
Randy
AHHH, that makes sense now....Thanks!!
 
Upvote 0
You're welcome. I love finding those. One reason is the manufacturers name is always on the knob and the other reason is I know the site predates electricity. This means I can hunt with minimum discrimination and not dig any of those God forsaken pulltabs. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Cool

The field has been amazing!!!!
 
Upvote 0
RPG said:
You're welcome. I love finding those. One reason is the manufacturers name is always on the knob and the other reason is I know the site predates electricity. This means I can hunt with minimum discrimination and not dig any of those God forsaken pulltabs. ;D
It really has! Thanks for taking me there! ;D
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom