What's new

coin question

sathmcnugent

Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Are bicentenial quarters worth much of anything should I keep them? I have about 4 rolls of them and my other question is what should I do with pre 82 pennies? Just hold on to them too? I have a 55 gal drum almost half full..Thanks
 
Upvote 0
My experience with the pennies was my selling 45 pounds of pre-82s on ebay. After fees and pay pal etc, I was netting just under 2 cents a piece. That's pretty close to melt(I know you can't melt them). The future of the pennie's value is unclear. When the 100th anniversary cents come out next year, there could be a run on copper pennies and that would benefit your stash. If the new cents flood the market, the value of your stash may be reduced to a penny a piece.
As far as the quarters go, just put them away and when your grandkids have kids, they might be worth something. Cheers, Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom