Coin rolling machine-which to buy??

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I think all of us either bag or just count them out. I use a plastic tube that counts out 50 pennies for me. I just dump them in and it's exactly 50. You can get them at Walmart.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think anyone on here uses a machine. HH, Maverick.

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the beginning of the year someone on another website posted a craigslist add of a Brandt 6510 for $95.00. Since that poster wasn't near the craigslist location, he was posting it for someone else to possibly get a deal. I responded to the listing and met with the guy. I didn't really need it, but for $95 how could I pass it up? I got it home and took it apart for a good cleaning and found $6.85 in change scattered throughout. :icon_thumleft:

This one isn't mine, but it's exactly the same one that I ended up with for the amazing price of $88.15

main.php

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

Brandt 1702-6

i must say dawg, you need to put your money where your mouth is cause $50 won't buy you nothin. the cheap "coin sliders" that roll coins, which you are probably confusing with "coin rolling machines" you need to spend in excess of 50 cents per properitiery roll. Start saving, $50 is a long way till $2k.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very interesting!

Brandt 1702-6

i must say dawg, you need to put your money where your mouth is cause $50 won't buy you nothin. the cheap "coin sliders" that roll coins, which you are probably confusing with "coin rolling machines" you need to spend in excess of 50 cents per properitiery roll. Start saving, $50 is a long way till $2k.

OP
OP
Mjw38

Mjw38

Aug 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mws_1984

Sep 2, 2011
I would either just roll them myself or take them to my credit union which has a free sorter for members. But of course I'd be picky and count it all out myself to make sure that the machine doesn't cheat me.
I did get a sorter from Brookstone but after running some tests with it to see if it was filling the tubes properly, I found it was sometimes overfilling or shorting rolls. All set having an issue with that, because my local bank had a guy turning in rolls that were shorted. Teller got fired over it. So would rather play it safe and roll my own. Plus it's cheaper since I can get rolls free at bank rather than buying the ones for the machine. I ended up turning that in for store credit. Now I have a remote control helicopter that I don't use lol. Was only thing within the price range of my store credit that I could afford. Brookstone is way overrated. Anyone wanna buy a toy helicopter?

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
At the beginning of the year someone on another website posted a craigslist add of a Brandt 6510 for $95.00. Since that poster wasn't near the craigslist location, he was posting it for someone else to possibly get a deal. I responded to the listing and met with the guy. I didn't really need it, but for $95 how could I pass it up? I got it home and took it apart for a good cleaning and found $6.85 in change scattered throughout. :icon_thumleft:

This one isn't mine, but it's exactly the same one that I ended up with for the amazing price of $88.15

main.php

Does it roll or only count them out and bag?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions