What's new

Coin sorter miscount

Fruitbat

Full Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2006
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
My dump bank is right across the street from where I get some of my boxes of halves. Sometimes I do as I did yesterday and just sit in the truck and look through as many as I can before the dump bank closes. After I dump them in the coin sorter then take the rest home.
Yesterday I had went through $360 and it was about 10 min before closing time and I had found 2 keepers. I got a 1941 Walker and a 1964 with a hole in it. I threw in .60 in change that I had in my pocket, so I had a total of $359.60 to dump in the sorter. Just as I was finishing up the machine said it was full. The guy comes out to fix it and says part of the problem was that there was a $1 bill stuck in it. He and I knew it wasn't mine, but he told me to keep it. COOL!!! After changing the bag he closes the machine and it finishes counting my coins. Final count $360.60, but I only dump in $359.60 COOL!!!
I came out with $2 more than I went in with plus 2 coins. ;D
 
Upvote 0
yeah its easy come easy go with the miscounts....

I have picked up old canvas bags of halves that had extra 7+ dollars of quarters in them. Or like your experience have taken 500.00 in halves to a dump bank and the total seems to be 500.71 or something. I also do quite a few dimes and seem to get shorted on occasion. 500.00 in dimes turns into 496.23 or so. I assume some of the dimes are counted as pennies.....

HH
 
Nice!

I put in a machine roll of halves and it came back $9.50.

-CC
 
coolcash2004 said:
I put in a machine roll of halves and it came back $9.50.
If you lived in Florida you could ask for a recount. ;D
 
Any profit is good!

Here's an amazing story. The Fremont hotel here in Vegas has the only self-serve coin counter in the downtown area. For the past month or so when I've been cashing in my halves there the total's been routinely off...an average of $10-$15 over!! I couldn't believe no one has noticed this in the casino's auditing department since this is a huge discrepancy. Not wanting to be conspicuous I would look thru about $200 from their machines and then cash in roughly $230! And to top it off five or six halves would plop into the reject slot in front...more profit. This would never happen with quarters, only halves.

Well, Sunday there was an "Out of Order" sign on it so I figured someone finally got wise. Nope, Tuesday I cashed in $100 and five dropped into the reject slot, yet my counted total was already $100. Looks like the fine tuning didn't completely work.
 
If I was going to Vegas I think I'd stay at the Freemont haha. Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom