What's new

Coin? Token?

mile-ender

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
472
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up at my usual hunting grounds the other day and I popped this one out.... Anybody seen anything like it? or have an idea of what it may be? Any help is, as usual, really appreciated. Oh - the diameter is 25mm - so the size of a large cent - and weighs about 5 g.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4671.webp
    IMG_4671.webp
    50.1 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4672.webp
    IMG_4672.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 254
I think it is a Jeton?

Found this reference in French but from my limited high school french class ability to translate I think it might be your piece -

http://www.cgb.fr/monnaies/jetons/j04/j040004.html

22. F.686, 1677, (Cuivre rouge, )
A/LOVIS. XIV. ROY. DE. FRA. ET. DE. NAV. Buste à droite de Louis XIV signé L [n°178]
R/HEIC. OMNIBVS. EQVVS ; à l'exergue : EXTRAORDINAIRE. DES. GVERRES. 1677 "Egal pour tous" Le soleil sur le zodiaque
G/Louis Loir,
TB+

100FF.
 
Upvote 0
Very cool. We've never dug one from our French sites here.
 
Upvote 0
.....and that is why you guys rock! I'm pretty sure you're spot on there Bramblefind - if I can find anymore from what you've given me I'll post it.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom