What's new

Coin? What Kind?

DigDug216

Full Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2016
Messages
117
Reaction score
135
Golden Thread
0
Location
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (May2015) and Equinox 800 (March2019)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at a home which was built in 1790. I went straight to a very very very large oak tree about 50 yards from the house and found it not far from the base. Any help with identifying it and maybe suggestions on a good way to clean it up would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy hunting. :icon_thumleft:
 

Attachments

  • Coin1.webp
    Coin1.webp
    286.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Coin2.webp
    Coin2.webp
    179.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Have you tried a mild cleaning? Like a toothpick to start
 
Upvote 0
Can you post a pic of the reverse side?
Don.....

I have added pictures of both sides after tooth picking it as suggested. It's a little under 3cm in diameter.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the diameter of a US Large Cent. Can you show a pic of the edge with maybe a modern penny as reference?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom