
IronSpike said:Looks like a C,G or O about 2-3 letters before the LLE.
Seventeenth Century Traders' token
Didn't know some were made in leather.
http://www.kingston.gov.uk/browse/leisure/museum/museum_exhibitions/artfund100/traders_tokens.htm

Iron Patch said:Seems very thick. My first guesses if a coin would be some type of counterfeit, or possibly a Tin Halfpenny. Usually they have pretty clear evidence of a square plug in the middle. There's not many halfpenny size so easy to rule out and is a long shot anyway. Could be tough to ID that.
I think being that thick makes me think something other than a coin but in this hobby you never know.
shaun7 said:Iron Patch said:Seems very thick. My first guesses if a coin would be some type of counterfeit, or possibly a Tin Halfpenny. Usually they have pretty clear evidence of a square plug in the middle. There's not many halfpenny size so easy to rule out and is a long shot anyway. Could be tough to ID that.
I think being that thick makes me think something other than a coin but in this hobby you never know.
It does appear to have a bust on it!
Iron Patch said:shaun7 said:Iron Patch said:Seems very thick. My first guesses if a coin would be some type of counterfeit, or possibly a Tin Halfpenny. Usually they have pretty clear evidence of a square plug in the middle. There's not many halfpenny size so easy to rule out and is a long shot anyway. Could be tough to ID that.
I think being that thick makes me think something other than a coin but in this hobby you never know.
It does appear to have a bust on it!
I've not seen ant tin coins quite that bad but at least match up a Charles and William and Mary and anything else for tin halfpennies.
I think medal might be a better guess because of how thick it is.


4-H said:Hmmm. Unfortunately it's one of those friend.
I've got a bucket of em.
I should just toss em because every time I go and look at them I fall into this insane Loupe looking trance that lasts for freaking hours! I start seeing all kinds of stuff![]()
